Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Odds of a miscarriage?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

I've read online the odds of having a miscarriage if its your first pregnancy, or if you've already experienced one.

I am due with my 3rd baby, and I've never ever had a miscarriage...but this pregnancy was such a surprise that it's got me so afraid I might lose this baby. I'm not sure why. I guess b.c I feel so blessed to have had two great pregnancies, and I watch so many mommies lose their babies...that I worry how i"d ever be lucky enough to have THREE great pregnancies. You know?

So I"m curious...If I've already had two successful pregnancies, and never "lost" a baby...does that lessen my odds of losing this one? 

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I would think two healthy pregnancies and no losses would actually increase your chances of having another healthy pregnancy.Don't worry,enjoy the pregnancy.And congrats!

dreamarrow
by Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Unfortunately I don't think it lessens the odds. My mom had two great pregnancies,had a miscarriage, the had another great pregnancy. It just happens but keep positive thoughts. We all worry about this i'm sure you'll have another healthy pregnancy
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Honestly I'm not sure if it lessens the chances or not. I wish it was that easy but miscarriages are pretty common whether you have had previous healthy pregnancies or not. I do wish you all the best in your pregnancy tough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)