Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

quick question for you breast feeders

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

so my friend wants to stop breast feeding, my God daughter is 11 months. However she refuses to eat anything else no formula no baby food table food just simply refuses. My suggestion which was just me being innovative was to try mixing breast milk with like baby cereals and slowly stop, which she hasn't tried. But anyway does anyone have advice?

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momwithtwins714
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM
I own a baby food processor and when mine were littler I ground up rice and boiled it then added breast milk to that. My kids didn't mind food though they loved it. Your idea could be a good place to start :)
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM
As long as she's not adding anything into a bottle with breast milk.

At this age is skip jar food and just try putting baby in the high chair with finger foods. My son liked mushy food but dd refused it all

Maybe try oatmeal baby or regular mixed with breast milk baby cereal isn't nutritional at all
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I would go with your idea and see how she does with the breast milk and cereal and slowly stopping. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I would try your idea and see how she takes to it.

coupon_ash_back
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I don't know...then again I believe In extended breast feeding.
coupon_ash_back
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I would try your idea and see how she takes to it.

this sounds good. Try the cereal thing
littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Infant cereals inhibit the absorption of iron. Oy will cause more issues.

She needs to nurse until one year. Atleast 4-6 nursings.in 24 hrs. Then just offer reg drinks. And ads snacks. Find a few healthly choices she.likes then go from there. My ds.lovea mangos blueberries and strawberries. I add those to waffles, pancakea muffins cheese and yogurt. Then slowly ill add veggies. So he doesn't reject it. ( he has major texture issues)

Google baby lead weaning
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM

That isnt a new idea at all but i think it could be a start.  Why does the mother want to stop breastfeeding a month short of a year?  You can add breastmilk to all sorts of things.  I agree with the others about just going to regular oatmeal, none of the baby crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN