Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Genre of mommies

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am a young mom. I have tats and piercings and a strong way of parenting that is fun but educational to my kids. The hubs has tats as well. I know people who frown upon the way I look and dress, mostly because im a tatted pierced metal head. Then again it doesn't bother me because those who judge me are rather ignorant. My kids listen to metal. I have raised them since birth on it. All of my friends are metalheads, goths, emos, a whole mixture of things. I have tattoo artists friends whom my kids are always around. I find this rather very educational to my kids. My son admires tats. I have a rather large supply of temp tats for all of my kids and they are always running around with some on their skin. My son (whos 6) has already asked when will he get to have a real tat. I told him in ten years he will be allowed to have one and I'll be the one to take him to get it. I have set standards behind it though. He has to pick out one tat and want it for at least 2 years before getting it. I teach him the beauty behind it all and how to responsibly get tats and how to choose them. He told me one day he wants to be a tat artist and I support him 100% on it. Any thoughts or judgements you want to share?
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:17 PM

You sounds like an awesome mommy.

niteangelbaby
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:54 AM

sounds normal to me. I'm 21 and I live in hawaii eveyone has one by 16 if you don't then your normally the odd ball out lol. I don't have one but my whole family does. I know I'd be open to getting one for my son when he's sixteen but not a moment sooner. I know lots of people who have kids and have plenty of tats. This guy here in hawaii his name is Sunny. He owns a tat palor; Native flesh. He's got big gages in his ears everything he's also tall as hell yet he's the sweetest guy here and he has a few kids of his own. For me it's normal I have no tats my husband has a few my ears are pierced a few times but otherwise nothing. I listen to metal and all kinds of other stuff like classical, regge, hawaiian, rock ect. Anything that catches my fancy that day I think. But I think as long as you love your kids and teach them to the best of your abilities then no one could ask for a better parent, and or parents :)

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:42 AM

No judgements here...

lilyrose2011
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Could see people judging you but they are ignorant haha as long as the kids are in no harm I don't judge any ones parenting ways. :) I like tats. I only have one right now but plan on getting a whole bunch :)
destiny3513
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I have tats, hate every one of them!!!! Definitely making him wait two years is SMaRT. I wish I did that. Lol. I hope my son is like his daddy and doesn't want any ink though. Getting a good job with a tattoo on your neck is a little hard.
Dibsy
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I think that's awesome! Kids should be around that wide of a variety of people and know that just because you dress a certain way or listen to a certain genre of music or have tatts doesn't mean you're strange. People are people. I don't have any tatts but I'm getting one on my wrist this December for my birthday that says "Out of the Lion's Den", and I have a nose stud and recently dyed my hair red velvet which people kind of look at sideways especially when I'm holding my 10 month old. Really, if they don't know me personally I don't expect them to get me and I take their looks with a grain of salt.
thatonemomof2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
No judgments here. I love tattoos. So do my kids :) i have several of them. i am making them wait till they are 18 got there first. But i see nothing wrong with what you are doing :) i do understand getting judged by others. I am one of the youngest mothers in both of my kids classes and we live in a richer so to speak school district. Visibly tattooed and on top of that a single mom lol all kinds of judging going around. But good job momma keep doing what your doing :)
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM
One thought...you sound just like me. :) keep being awesome!
BatMom.
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM
You sound like me, for the most part. Glad there's others like me out there!
tabby21
by Member on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM

i find nothing wrong with it....i totally agree i grew up with my step dad completely tatted up and my uncle is a tatoo artist! i have a tat and if my son wants one he can have one when he is 18

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN