Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Babysitting? Is this Fair?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 21 Replies
One of my best friends is a single mom. Her and my husband work at Walmart so i have an idea she gets in a month since he used to work that same shift. Right now she has her son in our one and only local daycare around here and each month she pays right about $600 for having him in 40+ hours a week.

I told her that once we move in a month and a half (our current place is just that bad and i want to be away from the meth cooker next door!) That i would watch her son. After her hour lunch, she works 8 hours a day. I told her that I'd be fine with her paying $200 a month in babysitting. She offered to pay $300 but I'm fine with the $200 simply because she's a single mom, plus we help out each other when we can.

A lot of people i know say that I'm being too cheap. Yes, it is but I'm wanting to help her more. Plus, it gives Dante a playmate and such.

She will provide him with diapers (Dante is allergic to Huggies, the brand she uses for her son and her son is allergic to Pampers) and with his snacks between meals (both boys have allergies/intolerances, which is why she's doing that).

Do you think that's really a fair price? I wouldn't even dream of doing this honestly in the first place if she wasn't such a close friend of mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I would do it too. With her providing the food and diapers i think ir works out great!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:39 AM
If you're fine with it I see no problem!
raye-chan
by Raye on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:48 AM
See! That's what i thought too. I've watched her son before and he's pretty easy going. I know how both boys act when they're sick as well since he tends to have some upper respiratory issues and it'd help her from calling in when he gets sick as well.

All now i have to do is wait for the guy to do his background check on us for the house lol

Quoting nebcutie:

I would do it too. With her providing the food and diapers i think ir works out great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM
:)

Quoting PeaceMuch:

If you're fine with it I see no problem!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 2:14 AM
Hopefully you get moved soon! It is easier to watch kids for cheap when you know them well and makes a big difference in wanting too!

Quoting raye-chan:

See! That's what i thought too. I've watched her son before and he's pretty easy going. I know how both boys act when they're sick as well since he tends to have some upper respiratory issues and it'd help her from calling in when he gets sick as well.

All now i have to do is wait for the guy to do his background check on us for the house lol

Quoting nebcutie:

raye-chan
by Raye on Aug. 4, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Agreed! I think that it's more along the lines of jealousy from the other girls i know getting so upset i won't watch their kids lol

Quoting nebcutie:

Hopefully you get moved soon! It is easier to watch kids for cheap when you know them well and makes a big difference in wanting too!

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting nebcutie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
niteangelbaby
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:05 AM

It's your decision who are other people to judge what your doing? As long as your comfortable with the deal I see no reason why not. I watched my sister's four kids for a 100.00 a month in the summer last year. Really it's all up to you.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I think the price is fine for helping out a friend :).

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I don't see a problem with it.

midjet117
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM

200 is fine. who cares what others think

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)