Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

He is such a F@#%

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM
  • 16 Replies

Long story short I recently broke up with my DD father. It didn't end well and I turned in my 30 day notice to our apartment saying my last day was the 7th of August. I went today and moved out pretty much all of my stuff and a bunch of my daughters stuff. I send him a message on facebook telling him I would like my DVDs back that were missing from the apartment and he says "I want my dishes and snakes back and yesterday was your last day so I am going to file a police report for everything you stole." 

Hhhmm ok he doesn't have any recipts for anything saying he bought anything and he paid for 1 of the snakes we own not all of them. Can he actually call the cops and get me in trouble? 

by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
threat
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
Are you guys married? I honestly don't think they'll do anything except ask you to return his property. Most cops don't want to waist their time and paperwork if the property isn't worth more then a certain amount... especially if you're willing to return the items to him.
little.worthen
by Tessie on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Uh no. Number one, you had access to the house via a key I assume. Two you only collected yours and your daughters belonging. The police have no way of proving what belongs to whom so he'd have to take you to court. You would not be arrested. He can't get you arrested for trespassing either because, 1 you had access to the house, and 2 before a trespassing arrest can be made, he would have had to tell you personally, in front of police officers who would be witnesses and document it, that you are not allowed on his property and that if you do so in the future you will be considered trespassing.

If he didn't do that, and everything else I said was correct, then there is nothing you can be in trouble for.
niteangelbaby
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:01 AM

nope. You had access via a household key. Also no way to prove what is what so that will have to be taken to court if he's really willing to go to court of a few bucks which I highly doubt he's just trying to scare you. Besides that if you have a copy of the letter you sent him then in reality the cops will really just brush him off. He's just mad and grasping for strings now.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Lol no, he is stupid. I would return the snake he paid for and hopefully he will give your dvds back.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Sounds like he is just being petty because you asked for the dvds. I'd give him the snake he paid for and attempt to get him to give the dvds in return. I don't think the police would do anything honestly.

midjet117
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I doubt it. Sounds like a civil matter that the cops really cant do anything about. They probably woukd just advise him to take you to small claims court. But then he'd have to prove you stole it with the reciepts that he doesnt have.

Kazmira222
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Dishes?? Really?! He can go buy a new set at Walmart for what, $50 the most?? I'd just give him his snake...
RedHeadTemper
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Kazmira222:

Dishes?? Really?! He can go buy a new set at Walmart for what, $50 the most?? I'd just give him his snake...

Lol I know right, Well he has no income. I was the only one who is working because the Va cut off his income and he's applied for SSI. I was meant to stay at the apartment since I could afford it but he's just being a dick now. We have 50 50 of our DD so we swap her every 3 days. I am meant to get her today between 5:30 and 6:30 but I bet he's going to make me wait because he's a flippin little kid. I'm 24 and he's 32 and I'm more of an adult than he is. He's been living with his parents and they have been driving him to our meeting spot and using their car seat they have for his other nieces and nephews. It's horrible I cannot believe I stayed with him for 5 years! anyways yes I have my own key and papers saying my last day is the 7th of this month. I was going to finish paying off my portion of the rent but since he's acting like this and saying that they told him my last day was the 2nd I'm just not going to pay since I don't live there. Blah w/e but he's really gotten to me and it's still bothering me today and I can tell it's bugging my SO because he hates how my ex treats me but I can't just shake shit off hella quick like he wants me to. He's a great guy and he's right I have nothing to worry about. He told me the same things everyone here did... I just needed extra reasurance....

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Hi I wanted to tell you I am sorry you are having to go through this. But I don't think he can get you in trouble. He could try but you have all the stuff to proof the place was yours. :) 

luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM
They won't do a damn thing. It's a 'he said, she said' deal. They can't legally do anything without receipts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)