Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Underweight?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 29 Replies

Mobile Photo

I just had an appt with Wic and they weighed and measured my little man. He's 8 months old. 16lbs and 26 inches long (ill put a pic too) and they say he's too short and too skinny.. Personally I think he's perfect.. And at the doc they say he's healthy and a good size.. This is the second time they've told me he's too small at a Wic appt.. So confused.. I don't think there's anything wrong with him.. He's breasted and eats baby food.. We don't do cereal.. What do you guys think? Should I just ignore them and listen to my doctor only?
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Ignore the people at wic. As long as he's growing on the same curve, he's fine.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Just ignore WIC.
brock2k10
by Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM

He is fine.  My son was the same way, WIC tried to put the same BS on me along with saying "you should sit at a table together and eat with him becasue he will eat more." I laughed at them and said "we do sit at the table together and eat, he is just a picky eater." Now my son is going to be 3 in a couple of weeks and is 38lbs and 36.5 inchs tall, still shorter than average but he is one healthy boy who is still a picky eater. We no long go to WIC, havent since that discussion with them when my son was 1 1/2 years old. 

datssumsheet
by Sarah on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

yeah ignore lol

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

He's adorable! There's not much you can do to force a growth spurt and some babies are just smaller than others. Height for weight, he sounds like a good size. My DS was 26" and 15lb 6 oz at his last check-up and the doctor wasn't concerned with his weight.

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Ignore them. He's fine!
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
They are idiots and NOT doctors.

He is perfectly healthy.
destiny3513
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Mobile Photo

My son is five months old 21.7lbs 28inches. Only breastfed.
Your son looks healthy but the numbers do seem small to me. Could just be genetics.
Xat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Ignore them he is fine. My youngest is 2 and a half and weights 22 lbs. He has always been on the small side and his doctor keeps a close eye on his weight and height but says he is perfectly fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamanthaSage
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Yeah I'd ignore WIC too if I were you. Their standards seem different than doctors. I always just go with what the doctor says.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)