Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried about money....

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am almost nine weeks (or just over i havent really had time to keep track) pregnant with our second child. My husband has a really good job and we are fine money wise. But while I was pregant with our first child I had very few maternity clothes and I was always uncomfortable. When my mom took me out maternity shopping at some thrift stores (she kept telling my husband she would buy me the clothes and not to worry about doing any of it) she bought me those pants with the belly bands attached. They were so uncomfortable!! they made a huge cut in my tummy and I was worried about if I wore them if it would damnage the baby. (yes I was a worry wart lol) so I just tucked the band under the belly, which pissed off my mom. Hell I was in such a hurry to get the clothes because of my job I didnt even care if they didnt fit!! So I out grew them almost immediately. Thank god I had a desk job where I didnt have to get up. I just unbuttoned my jeans when I sat down and then rebuttoned when I needed to move my butt. Now I am pregnant again with little to no maternity clothing and all I can think about it "well shit this is expensive".

I would love to go out and buy those cute tops, pants and skirts but I am so worried about money.

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Personally I just wore yoga pants and scrubs during my pregnancy. Granted I didn't work but even with yoga pants paired with the right top it looks cute. Also buying for thrift stores or craigslist isn't that bad and after they no longer fit, sale them and use the money to buy the size you need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I never really bought maternity clothing.I did find a few tops from Goodwill and just wore yoga pants.

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I really didnt mind going to the thrift stores. I buy almost all of my clothing there anyway but what I found to be a big pain in the butt was trying to find sizes. Alot of the pants they did have was a size 3....I didnt know that you could be pregnant and still a size 3. I didnt even think of craigslist. Thanks for the tip :)

Quoting TS9509:

Personally I just wore yoga pants and scrubs during my pregnancy. Granted I didn't work but even with yoga pants paired with the right top it looks cute. Also buying for thrift stores or craigslist isn't that bad and after they no longer fit, sale them and use the money to buy the size you need.

LauraBelle9812
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

yoga pants and i bought some maternity tops... they were on sale... also target has some cute things and pretty reasonably priced... the only thing i'm worried about is that i have a wedding to go to october 13th and i am due october 31st... what the hell am i supposed to wear!?!?!?!?!

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out 2nd hand shops, outlet malls, and Target clearance racks. :)
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Dont really know what yoga pants are nor where to find them.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I never really bought maternity clothing.I did find a few tops from Goodwill and just wore yoga pants.

JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I had the same problem when my brother got married. I was a brides maid on top of just going. Thankfully my sister in law just let me wear one of those sweater dresses and some tights. Unfortunately I couldnt hide from the fact I was a bridesmaid.

Quoting LauraBelle9812:

yoga pants and i bought some maternity tops... they were on sale... also target has some cute things and pretty reasonably priced... the only thing i'm worried about is that i have a wedding to go to october 13th and i am due october 31st... what the hell am i supposed to wear!?!?!?!?!

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Your welcome. Also try garage sales. eBay might be an option for you as well. If your on Facebook do a search for whatever city you live or close to yard sale. The state I live in has that.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I really didnt mind going to the thrift stores. I buy almost all of my clothing there anyway but what I found to be a big pain in the butt was trying to find sizes. Alot of the pants they did have was a size 3....I didnt know that you could be pregnant and still a size 3. I didnt even think of craigslist. Thanks for the tip :)

Quoting TS9509:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JRSMOM0621
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Quoting TS9509:

Your welcome. Also try garage sales. eBay might be an option for you as well. If your on Facebook do a search for whatever city you live or close to yard sale. The state I live in has that.

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Quoting TS9509:

LauraBelle9812
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM

oh i am so sorry! the wedding is for my husbands friend who honestly i dont even like but at least i wont have to be in pictures! you poor thing!!!!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

I had the same problem when my brother got married. I was a brides maid on top of just going. Thankfully my sister in law just let me wear one of those sweater dresses and some tights. Unfortunately I couldnt hide from the fact I was a bridesmaid.

Quoting LauraBelle9812:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)