Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Can prenatals reduce pregnancy symptoms?

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am 7 weeks along with my 3rd baby!

I had no symptoms with my 1st baby, that I can remember. 

I had EVERY symptoms with my 2nd baby. Both were girls. 

With this 3rd baby, I was very tired in the beginning, and sore boobs. But that's it. Those have somewhat gone away, beside random breast pain. (And I may have just become used to being sleepy. lol) Last week I had random small cramps with backpain, which randomly happen now...but that's it.

No headaches, no breaking out, no morning sickness.

However the one thing I've done different this pregnancy is eating healthy, exercising and being dedicated to prenatals! I take my daily prenatal, DHA and Folic Acid.

Is this normal? Should I worry?

I constantly worry I will lose feelings of symptoms and something bad will happen. But then I read something about the prenatals may actually lessen the symptoms because they're doing their job keeping everything healthy and strong. 

Does anything have anything in common with this? Experience? Advice?

by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
wodntulk2kno1
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Every pregnancy is different. I felt different everytime except my sense of smell. Certain things made me sick with everyone of them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I don't have anything concrete. My experience, I had no symptoms besides being tires and sore boobs both times. Baby 1 no prenatals and baby 2 prenatals first trimester. For me it didn't make a difference. Just remember every pregnancy is different regardless of if you do the same thing each time.
echoedsentiment
by on Aug. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I never could take prenatals during all 3 of my pregnancies because they actually made me worse. Instead my obgyn had me take flinstones and it did help reduce a lot of the symptoms.

ashesleigh
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:01 AM
With my first i was sick for three days straight after that nothing. this time around ive had every syptom in the book. im more absent minded this time around too. but my dr said every pregnancy is different. my mom said with me she got physically.sick. with my sister she said it was heartburn.
momwithtwins714
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 7:16 AM
I don't think it's prenatals in general because they are suppose to help replenish your body while its being drained of nutrients during pregnancy. some you have to watch what is in them because your man not be liking a certain ingredient in what you are taking. With both my pregnancies, which were both very different, i took all natural prenatals and took them right before I went to bed so they didn't make me feel yucky.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I had no symptoms with my daughter and awful symptoms with my son. Every pregnancy is different.

TempestRayne
by on Aug. 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Your symptoms 2ill likely start to increase at eight weeks and taper off after 12
EmDinger
by on Aug. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I have taken prenatals and extra folic acid everyday since we started trying to concieve, in April 2012. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant, and still taking the pills. I never got sick once, never had big issues with hormones, or too much pain, I also go to the chiropractor weekly it makes my back feel really good. I don't think it depends on the pill though, I think its the pregnancy.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I have never heard of prenatals lessening pregnancy symptoms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)