Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kind of a silly question?

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 20 Replies
My son just turned three and what I want to know is.
When should he start school?
Or preschool or what ever comes first. I dont have much family to help me.
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heathermommy02
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM

My sister put her both her kids in preschool when they turned 3, I didnt put my kids in prescchool and just put them in kindergarden at 5. 

coupon_ash_back
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Prek isntt allowed here until 4
villagemamma
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:06 AM

whenever you think he is ready. my dd is 4 and will be in her first year of preschool in sept

xXfairymomXx
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM

thanks for posting rhis i had the same question myself my daughter will be 3 in november

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Preschool. being that he just turned three he problly could go now. But if you aren't ready or if he isn't one more year isn't going to hurt. My daughter couldn't go last year because of how her birthday fell and she had to be 4 years old. So we waited a whole year and I think it helped her not going last year. She is very excited to go this year. :) 

TempestRayne
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM
You can teach him at home.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I guess if you feel comfortable you may be able to start him now, but a lot of people around here do prek at 4. I won't be putting my daughter in prek, I will just start her in school at 5.

JocelynMoods
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Contact the school system in your area to find out. Just google the system for your address if you don't know. He might not have to start school until later in the year but sometimes you have to get enrolled a few months ahead of time. We have moved a lot and everywhere is somewhat similar but they still have their differences.

KatieFlower
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Preschool is at age 4 I believe. We just did kindergarten but I teach them at home
esox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Our public preschool starts at 3 years old. But Kindergarten doesn't start until 5 years old so most kids end up doing 2 years of preschool. Depends on if you think he can handle it yet or not. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN