Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

4 weeks left and feeling no attachment to baby.

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am 33 weeks along in my third and final pregnancy.  In 4 weeks I will have a c-section and my tubes tied.  I felt excited at first but now idk I just don't feel any attachment to this baby.  I feel like a horrible mom for saying this but I can't seem to help it.  I can't even bring myself to finish her blanket or her baby book.  I tried telling my DH about this but he just laughed then when I said that maybe I should tell my Doc he got angry and told me not to he said the same thing when I told him that maybe I should tell my doc about how deppressed I've been feeling.  I don't even feel any joy at her movements anymore I just feel irritated and angry and I don't know why.   Has anyone else gone through this?  What should I do?

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
threat
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Hon ignore your husband and talk to your doctor. Depression is a very serious thing and shouldn't be taken lightly and it can get worse once the baby is born. Please for the safety of yourself and Tue baby talk to your doctor.
MaryS92
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Maybe a bit of depression. I felt that way with my first but after she was born and I held her and breastfeed her for the first time I started crying with joy and that's when I started to bond with her like I didn't know was possible to bond with another human being. It was a different type of bonding than it is with my husband. Very special. The same thing may happen to you but just give it time. 

Ninjascreenname
by Member on Aug. 15, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Talk to your Dr.Depression is a weird but normal thing. I say that because when I had my two year old back in 12/10 I hadn't been depressed for 5 or so years and I came down with postpartum depression that bordered postpartum psychosis. You do not want that. Glet help before she gets here!
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I'd talk to your OB sounds like depression.

MissAmber6
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I know it's called postpartum depression because it gets diagnosed after baby is born but I've heard of women starting to feel that way before baby was born... Talk to your doctor asap, so you can get the help you and baby need before baby is here and it gets worse. Good luck hun!!
Mrs.Thomason
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Thank you to everyone for your advice.  I think my DH is worried that if I say something then our kids will be taken away.

tabby21
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM

your kids will not be taken away because you are a little depressed...after you have the baby and you go for your two week check up (for a c section) they will ask how you are feeling and you need to be honest but if you tell them now then they can help you before baby is herre....good luck lady!

Quoting Mrs.Thomason:

Thank you to everyone for your advice.  I think my DH is worried that if I say something then our kids will be taken away.

Pregnancy Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BeautyFull
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM
My cousin was crying on my shoulder about this same feeling. She regret that she was pregnant. She has had the baby already and she is saying she do not know why she loves him like crazy!
mamav2215
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I don't feel the way you do, but I do feel irritated at times with her movement. My husband told me I was weird because of it. don't get me wrong, I LOVE that's she's moving and it means she's doing well in there. And I am so happy to meet her I'd wish her to come out now if I didn't know it's too early. But, it's hard on you to be pregnant (most women). She kicks so hard it hurts, and it kind of makes me feel sick when she moves; like a fish is swimming in my organs. But other times I just relish in it. So maybe it's more "normal" how I"m feeling.

I would definitely tell your doctor, screw your hsuband. He's not pregnant. This is your body and your health and if you're feeling depressed, now is the time to deal with it before it gets worse and you have a new baby and are really depressed. Don't beat yourself up about it, depression is not yoru fault. But please talk to your doctor.  

mamav2215
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Honey, you are not going to lose your kids because you tell your DOCTOR you are not feeling as attached as you think you should be.  You're not telling him you're going to kill your kids, you're asking for help. 

Quoting Mrs.Thomason:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN