Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How do I tell him

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 16 Replies
That I want another baby?

Dh & I talked about kids before we married and always wanted 2. We've talked about not wanting too big of an age difference between them, but also not back to back. Well, ds just turned 3 and we're beginning potty training. He is into the whole, "I want to do it" stage. Which is when I always imagined starting to try for number 2.

I've been thinking about having another for a long time, but I've been half waiting for when I think ds will be at a good age for the change and half too nervous to even bring up the subject with dh. He recently got a huge raise, and we will soon be able to finally pay some bills off. I think when we start knocking those bills out, I would really like to start, but again, I don't even know how to bring it up to dh. & I'm nervous he won't agree.
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Just ask him when he wants to start trying for a new baby. Be honest that's really the best option.
uvallekm
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM

How exciting, I love babies. If I could (tubes tied) and if my ex husband and I were still together and we didnt  run into issues I would have had a ton of kids. (subject for a different day)

Anywho... Just talk to him and tell him that you think it is best that you start working on it. My oldest and middle child are 6 years apart and it was hard to start all over again. my third child and middle child were only 1 1/2 years apart and it was easier, they had each other to play with. My oldest was already out growing the baby stuff at 5 and by the time my middle was old enough to really play, my oldest was really out of the whole dolls and baby stuff. 
I wish you luck!!

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Just sit him down and talk to him. Good luck!
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Yep

Quoting ShireeCS:

Just ask him when he wants to start trying for a new baby. Be honest that's really the best option.
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:52 AM

This

Quoting ShireeCS:

Join us if you like Anime :) We talk about much more than just anime. We play games, write short stories, read books together and much more if you'd like to join. Even if you're new to Anime we'd love to have you in our group. We are a no drama group.

Chrysantheum
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I agree with the OP.. Just let him know where you are at this point..

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Agree.Good luck OP!

Quoting ShireeCS:

Freckles4u
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I would just bring it up one day. That your starting to have the urge and see when he would want to have another one.
New.OrleansLady
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Just ask him how he would feel about trying for a 2nd child soon
l0nely
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Wait til after your kid is potty trained
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)