Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to say...

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 15 Replies

"I love you"?

Just curious... I've been seeing this man (on the 28th it will be 3 months) & neither of us have said it... In every other relationship I've been in it's been said rather quickly... I've almost said it a couple times, but I didn't... I don't want to say it too quickly... This guy is so much different from every other guy I've been with... He supports everything I do. He has faith in me, and wants me to go after my dreams... I've told him all about all of them... He knows all the secrets I've hidden from everyone else & he doesn't judge me for them. We've both sort of implied it... Like he'll ask me to roll him a cigarette (I don't smoke but I still roll them for who ever...) and I always ask "What do I get out of it" & typically his answer will be "You'll see later" (Jokingly) but the last time it happened he said "Love & affection". & when we're just hanging out messing around he'll say something smart assed & I'll tell him he's a dick or something & he'll say "Yeah but you love it"... I'm different from the rest of his exes... They all got with i=him when he had a job & made good money, they all instantly expected him to take care of their kids, all had their kids calling him "daddy" withing two months, they all expected him to take care of them in every aspect & didn't even attempt to do anything for themselves & stuff like that. I met him right after he got out of the army, so he didn't have a job, or money & what not, I don't ask him to do anything for me, or my children. I'm trying to get to where I can do everything for myself & I don't depend on him for anything... My two year old has called him daddy a few times, but I didn't nor do I encourage it right now. We both correct her when she says that to him. 

He's not like any of my exes either. All my exes did some sort of drug... None of them supported my dreams, they didn't want me to do anything for myself, they wanted a stay at home woman. None of them wanted anything out of life, they were either jobless, or were perfectly happy at their minimum wage job & didn't want to better themselves. He supports my dreams & wants me to go after them, he doesn't do anything illegal, he's staring college this month so he can open up an auto body shop, he's got dreams that he's working on achieving, as well as encouraging me to achieve mine. He's genuine in everything he does do for me. Which he does out of the blue, because I won't ask him to do anything for me. He's great with my kids & understands that they have a daddy & he doesn't try to take over the "daddy role".

He says he doesn't want kids, but we were thinking I was pregnant. I was two months late, but we found out that I wasn't. When I told him, you could hear it in his voice & see it in his eyes that he was upset... He loves kids... & he's great with them. 

I just don't want to say anything to early & scare him away... 

His sister asked me if we were looking for a place yet. & when I told her not yet, she was asking me why I don't talk to him about it. I explained to her that I don't want to seem like I'm entirely dependent on it... We had already talked about it though. He said that once he gets his own place he's going to come down and get the babies and me. We had seen a house, not too far from his sisters and his grammas that we both really like, he was going to go in to see about getting  VA loan for it... 

I just really don't want to blow this... We get along so good. We both want the same things out of life, we both want so much that's so close... We make each other feel so important, without feeling used at the same time... 

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlb456
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it was about 6months just like you with all my past relationships it was said very fast and also df was way different then any other guy ive been with but yea about six months in we were layin in bed and i said "i really want to tell you something but im not sure if i should" he told me he knew what i wanted to say so i asked him what he said "i love you too" <3
Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh told me after 2 weeks. I don't remember when I said it. That was an awful day. I tried to leave because of it. Won't go into detail and make a mess of your post. We are married almost 6 years now though.
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Well we were saying I love you before we started dating but I have known him since 1st grade and we were best friends for a year before we started dating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
We said it after a couple of months.
goddiddlyumshis
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We said it before we started daring. We've been friends for a very very long time. We kinda admitted we were in love with each other....

And then started dating :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
It took about a month. From the moment I met him, I pegged him as mine. A week after meeting, we were dating. I started staying over with him shortly after that. And then when he sold his business, I moved with him. We have been inseperable ever since that first day. I love him like I never thought was possible. He treats me like a queen and dd like a princess. I feel lucky each and every day he is in our lives.
som610
by Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

1 week.. lol

We have been together for over 8 years and married over 7! :)

echoedsentiment
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It took me and my dh 3 years to say it to eachother....1 year later we were married and very happy with our lives. We were best friends before that but we grew to know and love one another.

Rach0307
by Silver Member on Aug. 16, 2013 at 3:28 PM
6 months. He said it first, then I said it back a week later. I've never been one to say that I love someone unless I'm absolutely sure that I do, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
villagemamma
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I said it about a week into our relationship on accident. (we had know each other almost 15 years before that but had only just started actually dating)

We were drinking and joking around. He said something hilarious and i blurted out "and that is why i love you!"

We both kind of froze for a second and i am BRIGHT RED! Then he leaned over and whispered in my ear that he loved me too :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)