Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What to do?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a fairly small apartment for our family size (2 adults, 3 year old child). I do my role to clean as much as I can, but the house always seems to be cluttered. The big problem is that my daughter is somewhat spoiled, our whole living room is practically filled with toys (she does not have her own room yet). We are somewhat loners, but if we wanted to have guests over I would have to throw a ton of stuff in the bedroom! Does anyone have any tips on how to make the most of small space? I'm about to pull my hair out.
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
echoedsentiment
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Get one of those big circle blue tubs for toys. What fits stays, what doesnt goes. It will fit nicely in a corner and will make your child feel like they have a treasurechest full of toys to dig through and find things to play with.

Mom2Aubriella
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I have a small apartment aswell, luckily I have a lot of closet space. We've learned to store stuff everywhere, under the bed, behind the catty cornered couch, etc. Try being creative in where you can store items, also there are so many DIY crafts you can find online to make storage space. If you have a five and below they sell these storage cubes, you can get a couple of those and throw her toys in them and they are cute, and can be a seat for her. Or get a toy organizer bin, the one with the toy box on the bottom and like three rows of little rectangular cubes you can store stuff in. 

MaryS92
by on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:12 AM

One word...Ikea!

esox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Think verticle.
flutterbeckie3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Thanks guys! I think Ikea is fairly expensive right? We don't really go to the malls, and I think that's where 5 below is. I have a few of these canvas cubby boxes, and my daughter takes the stuff out to fit herself in them. It's cute, but man I'm tired of picking these things up several times a day lol. She is still young, hopefully she stops doing that soon.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 17, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Ikea is pretty cheap, as. Far as furniture is concerned. I agree with vertical shelving.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Aug. 17, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Vertical storage! I love Ikea!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)