Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My bf wants an abortion.. I want my baby!

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
  • 91 Replies

I am five weeks pregnant with my 1st baby.  Me and my bf have only been together 4 short months and we just found out on Thursday that I am pregnant.  He is totally for abortion.  He wants us to be happy together and buid a strong relationship before having a baby.  I have issues with my overies and get cysts on them often.  I've had them rupture a few times in the past couple years.  I am afraid that with that and an abortion maybe one day I wont have another opportunity to have a baby.  Plus I told my family and everyone including myself is very excited abouth the baby.  In fact, hes the only one that isnt.  I love my bf and I know he is trying to do whats best.  But he also threatened to leave me and the baby if I keep it.  I am at such a loss.  Everyone tell me to do what I want its MY baby but I dont believe that its fair that the women gets ALL the say.

by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:15 PM
12 moms liked this
Lose the selfish asshole and keep ur baby. If he can't man up and be there then its his loss. U obviously have a great support system and don't need him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I'd keep the baby and leave the bf.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurmom
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this
I think that if you want to keep it, then you should! But you will need to prepare yourself for the fact that your bf may not be around. And you need to think about your future. If you abort this baby just bc he isn't ready, well will he ever be? I personally would not be with someone who wanted me to abort the baby just bc it was bad timing. I think you should talk to your family and see if they would be willing to help you if he really was to leave. IMO, his actions right now say a lot about his character... GL!! But please don't do anything so drastic if you truly don't want to :)
AlwaysKISA
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If anyone gave me an ultimatum like that there is no way I would even consider staying with him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Ithink you should do what youu want.  If he doesn't want the baby, you don't have to put him on the birth certificate.  I am not be fair that they don't get an equal say.  They also don't have all the changes to their body.

bclassybutsassy
by Member on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
3 moms liked this

fuck that... 4 months?! Leave his sorry ass and do what you want. Have the baby, move on with your life and file for child support. 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Idk what I would do. Obviously if you choose to keep the baby you have to prepare to be a single parent.

leslie1989
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't let someone make the decision for you. Abortion is a permeant choice, and you can't bring them back. And if he isn't going to man up and take care of you and the baby, I think you should leave him and make a good life you both. As it sounds he probably won't be around when the baby is born. God doesn't give you more then you can handle.
evsmom18
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

He doesn't care enough if he is going to just leave if you decide to keep the baby.  Have your baby.  Get rid of him if he won't be there for the two of you.

Momma2013
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Women don't get all the say - the woman chooses to open her legs or not, and the man controls his penis AND where/how he ejaculates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)