Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

depression, could it be ppd?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 8 Replies
hi MOMMIES, Im new to this site an would love some input on controlling a newly 1 year olds attitude. My daughter just turned a year old on the 17th of august. But she has had a insanely crazy attitude now for about 3 1/2 months, I know I sound like im over exaggerating but she really likes to throw temper tantrums when I get her out of the bath, or try an change her clothes and or diaper, she'll throw her feet down an yell so I cant get to her lol, just wanted to know how do I get her to calm down an know that what she is doing an how she is acting at that time is un acceptable, without punishment of course. thanksss :)
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
skittlefart
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM

My kiddo has just found his attitude as well, he turned 1 on August 7th. The best way we've found to calm him down is to get him on a familiar routine, make things like changing his clothes or diaper a game by making rocket ship noises when we put his hand through his sleeves or rip the tabs off his old diaper. He laughs and giggles everytime, and even more so when we give him tickles afterwards. His newest love is to scream when he doesn't get something he wants right away..for this we are slowly introducing him to time out by giving him "cool down time" in which we place him in his play pen or walker with some toys until he calms down enough to come back out. He forgets what he gets mad about after he is placed there and starts playing with his toys happily. 

Good luck~

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
mommy2ana12
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:35 PM
I will definitely be trying some of those ideas out, thank you. She is actually very good most of the time, she just has her days were she don't listen to absolutely anything I say. just a little stressful. OOOOPS sorry about the title of this convo, definitely wasn't the topic of this discussion lol
ShireeCS
by on Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

dont let her get what she wants and stay consistant but pick your battles. doesnt want out of the bath just yet let her play for a few more minutes.. singing a song while changing a diaper or something will help distract her and you might be able to teach her something new.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Consistancy and routine work best at that age,

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Agreed. Big hugs, mama.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Consistancy and routine work best at that age,

Eyelashes23
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Why put that title ?
TempestRayne
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM

make sure that, before you go out, she isn't hungry or tired. that is the best thing you can do.

Msivrath
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Try redirecting her energy, give her something to occupy her mind while u do what is needed, like I give my girl cream on her hands while I change her. she rubs her face all over which is ok, its just cream.

Give her a toy in her hand or so.

Best of luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)