Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What to do if LO is not listening?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hello Mama's,

I need some advice. My 1 year old daughter was getting into CD's on a shelf and telling her No was not working so I smacked her hand and told her no. Not hard but enough to get her attention. That didn't work either. She hit me back and told me no. When she gets into stuff telling her no isn't working anymore. She listened so well a couple days ago. I don't know what to do about it.  Can being around older kids that don't listen be affecting her behavior? Please help.

Corrine.

by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
annas_momma
by Member on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:33 PM
She is 1, and doesn't understand yet. Try redirecting her. If she starts to get into something that she isn't supposed to, tell her no, and then take her over to something else like her toys. If she goes back over to what she wasn't supposed to be doing, repeat, and keep repeating.

It took a while, but it worked with my daughter
ShireeCS
by on Aug. 20, 2013 at 6:41 PM
This

Quoting annas_momma:

She is 1, and doesn't understand yet. Try redirecting her. If she starts to get into something that she isn't supposed to, tell her no, and then take her over to something else like her toys. If she goes back over to what she wasn't supposed to be doing, repeat, and keep repeating.

It took a while, but it worked with my daughter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN