Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Problems finding ME again?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
  • 18 Replies
Hello ladies,
As the title says I'm having a problem finding me again. What I mean is that I've lost my identity outside of being a mom and a wife and working full time. I don't go out and do anything most anything I do involves and revolves around my kids which is what I have wanted but part of me feels really empty because when I am asked to tell about myself the only thing I ever seem to spit out is I'm a mom of two awesome kids. Is anyone or has anyone been through this? I'm 23 and I work full time when I don't work I'm either in class or at home with the kids. I only have one friend with whom I talk to everyday. Just looking for some advice and input please....
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemyhoney
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Its insane how much your post I relate to. I tell my husband the same exact thing every day. The only thing is I'm a stay at home mom so I don't have a social life anymore. And its been like this for two years. Im not the person I used to be which isn't a bad thing but I can't find myself at all! I know exactly how you feel.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I feel this way also, I hate it.

thenameshailie
by Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

You should pick up a hobby or even taking a morning to go for a run or just something away from the house and family. I know it can be difficult to find the time between duty and work to even squeeze something in once a week, but if you can find one small thing to be excited; about other exciting things tend to fall into place.

cecilyloring
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:50 AM
2 moms liked this

hey at least you work and go to school. Being a SAHM all day really makes me feel like i'm losing myself.

Freckles4u
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Sometimes I feel this way. I am a sahm mom. I am with my son 24/7 and don't get me wrong I love it. Then when my husband is home it's family time. I went threw a time where I felt like this I just wanted to have my own life, after some bad friend experiences I realized I'm happy with my life like this, I just need to find some hobbies.
ashesleigh
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Here there are mommy and me groups that get together twice a week let the kids play and have interaction with other women. i went with my ex sister in law once and their conversations are far from their children and home life. they discuss new hobbys and other things that made me blush. id look for a group like that. twice a year our town also has a girls night out. Two years ago i went and found some other women who are also mommys and set up playdates and such for that interaction. we picked out a new hobby once a week and discussed what we liked and didnt as well as how well it fit into our lives. for me having the interaction as well as knowing there are other moms who struggled to find their identity after being a wife and mother. good luck.
Msivrath
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally get you. Ppl ask about me and I spit out kids, preggo and DH, who I am , I do not know. I think the best thing is to do something (hobby, sport ) for yourself.

Also u mentioned class? is that studies or work?

littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I miss working ( got layed off & haven't found anything yet) I had to quite school cause I couldn't afford to go & childcare. My hobby is photography. Though all I photograph are my kids ( a win/win).
LaReina_5
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same and to top it off was dealing with an asshole of a "man". I think we ladies in this position have to get back to us. Be the best Mami's for our little ones but find interest back in those things we use to love to do. I'm only 27 and have been feeling like this since my first child at 18. But it's time for a change, we deserve it and its healthy for us too. Best if luck mamïcita!!!
LaReina_5
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Same here

Quoting cecilyloring:

hey at least you work and go to school. Being a SAHM all day really makes me feel like i'm losing myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN