Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biggest Pet Peeve

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok ladies, what is your biggest pet peeves?

For me it is people who are habitually late. Not like 2 or 3 minutes late...BUT LATE. The ones where they make plans to be somewhere at 10:30 or 11 and you are still waiting on them at 11:15. 

Also, people who come over to your house (like invite themselves over) and then sit there texting or playing on their phone the whole time, or raid your fridge and cabinets without asking. 

Sadly, I know quite a few of these types...lol. but at this precise moment im being peeved on the people who are late one...I hate that. I had myself and 2 kids ready, bags of snacks packed and everything well before time....and 3 adults can't get themselves ready on time. 

So what are your peeves?

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ashesleigh
by Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
my biggest pet peeve is smaking while your eating. my kids learned that the hard way. that and feet on the furniture. im used to people being late my parents are the worlds worst. i always tell my mom forty five mins before my drs so shell be on time if i need her to take me. fridge raiding im used to it once again family and im ok with that. most everyone i know is struggling
TempestRayne
by Donna on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband not calling me to let me know he has changed his plans.

devilbabie
by Member on Aug. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My biggest pet peeve is two-faced people, if you don't like me then don't pretend to be my friend! That drives me crazy! I'd rather know where I stand with a person rather than making a fool of myself by caring about somebody that could care less about me! And lying, it is so much easier just to be truthful, or don't say anything at all!

Mknotstarscream
by on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

My biggest pet peeve is people making noise while they eat. I cannot stand it! There is no valid reason, why  you should make noise while you eat. I understand we all make noise while we eat certain food, even when our mouths are closed. That not what I am talking about. I am talking about people slurping their drinks or soup. Chewing with their mouths open. And the worst has to be someone who chews gum like a freaking cow chewing on hay. Holy, just talking about it makes my blood boil! My kids know to close their mouths to eat!!

AnnieChristian
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 4:13 AM
My pet peeve is "paper sounds". Like cardboard boxes opening, cutting paper, when people wipe their hands with dry napkins - eek!
At work, I cringe every time I have to take something out of a cardboard box because the sound of it brushing against to box just makes my skin crawl! I think I might have been OCD when I was younger because I used to perform rituals to would make me feel better after hearing those sounds. I didn't know what OCD was back then and my mom just thought I was little weirdo lol.

A people pet peeve I have is those who offer unsolicited advice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)