Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My ds asked if we could

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
Go to a graveyard for his birthday. He wants to look at the stones.
He's going to be 6.

Would you take your child?

He also wants to go to the aquarium to see the sharks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
3 moms liked this

Take him to a historical graveyard. it's less creepy if it is educational, lol.

esox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure, I don't see why not. Maybe take him to see some family plots? You could even teach him how to do rubbings incase he sees anything neat on a stone. Did he say why he wanted to go? 

My best friend was hit by a car when he was only 7. I still go out to sit by his grave so I can talk to him. Graveyards aren't always creepy. Some of the headstones tell amazing stories! 

Kali1985
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have always found graveyards to be amazing. The life that you can learn about when there is priceless. I take my daughter and she is only 5 but that is only because we have had 2 really close deaths in our family within the last year. I tell her that these are the places people come to talk to their loved ones who have gone to heaven. It is like a phone call. The only difference is that they will not talk back to you but they can hear you. So you go to say hello and goodbye. It is also a great math experience. Ihave her look at the dates and do the math to find out how old they were. If your children learn that it is not a creepy place at young age then they will not be scared of a graveyard when they are older.

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I love historical graveyards! I don't think it's creepy I find it odd that he asked to go.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Take him to a historical graveyard. it's less creepy if it is educational, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That'd be cool to do a rubbing. He wants to see/look at the stones. There's a part of skylanders that has a graveyard so I think that's how he became interested.

My mom always took us to historical graveyards and I find them very interesting. I wish we lived close to a historical graveyard bc he'd learn a lot there

Quoting esox:

Sure, I don't see why not. Maybe take him to see some family plots? You could even teach him how to do rubbings incase he sees anything neat on a stone. Did he say why he wanted to go? 

My best friend was hit by a car when he was only 7. I still go out to sit by his grave so I can talk to him. Graveyards aren't always creepy. Some of the headstones tell amazing stories! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Sure. I went for a field trip and did stone rubbings it was neat.

Msivrath
by on Aug. 26, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Sure take him, why not. He may ask questions so b prepared :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)