Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Really? Do my looks bother you THAT much?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 97 Replies

Poll

Question: Do my looks bother you?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 158

View Results

Most people are very accepting of the way I have chosen to portray myself, but yesterday someone was so nasty to me that it made me want to bleach my hair and never wear makeup or nice clothes again. And I should NEVER have to feel that way. Please tell me I'm not the only one? :(
I am an artist, therefore I am creative. I like to do different looks and, yes, I have pink hair and tattoos. I normally could care less what others think of me, except this one person. And it's a total stranger that ill probably never cross paths with again! She gave me an up and down look and then started LAUGHING at me. Just at the way I looked. I was wearing a nice, classy dress, as I was on my way to brunch at a little diner. But, for some reason, this person thought I looked comical.
I proceeded to say something, I was about to give her a piece of my mind, but then she turned right around and walked away as if I was on fire and she got too close.
Some people are SO incredibly shallow that it seriously confuses me.
So, I ask you, my fellow cafemom goers, does the way I look bother you? Be honest, please, but do not be harsh. My profile pic I took this morning, so it is the most recent photo I have on hand.

JSYK, I'm not fishing for compliments. I am honestly curious.
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
equinedream
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I think you actually pull off short pink hair. Most girls can't but I don't think you look comical at all. If I had your hair, I probably would though lol.

Beenhereforever
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
You are super cute!! Love it!
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM
9 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is what I was wearing.
Leilo88
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM
2 moms liked this

You look adorable! I have no idea what this persons problem is but she most likely has many self image issues. Do not let this womans act leave such an impression on you and please continue to embrace life the way you do.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:15 PM
I see that someone voted 'Yes'. Could I have an explanation as to why you voted as such?
luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Leilo88:

You look adorable! I have no idea what this persons problem is but she most likely has many self image issues. Do not let this womans act leave such an impression on you and please continue to embrace life the way you do.

Thank you for your reply. It made me year up a bit. Lol. But thank you... :)
shadow_lark
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Your look doesnt bother me, nor would I laugh at you. But its a very dramatic look. And tbh, I'd probably do a double take if I saw you. There aren't a whole lot of people in my neck of the woods that even wear makeup, let alone dye their hair.
chicklopez
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish!!! I wish I could pull off pink hair, or purple. But I dont have the skills to bleach my hair enough to get it the awesome shade you have, or a vibrant purple that doesnt just seem burgandy.

If someone had laughed at me in public like that, and ran off, Im pretty sure my SO would have shouted something at her retreat.

You just have personality, and dont mind showing it off. Screw that girl. Im leaning towards the idea, she didnt mean to laugh and it only had about 10% to do with the way you looked, and she was embaressed.  

mrsc19
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

i think you're very pretty!

girlymommy19
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Love your hair and dress i get rude comments all the time about how i should dress like i mom  just because you have a kid doesnt mean you lose your individuality and should quit taking care of yourself sounds like she was jealous:-) 

Quoting luvmybug:

Mobile Photo

This is what I was wearing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)