Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Does your SO let you go out without him?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 61 Replies

Are you allowed to go out with your friends without your SO? One of my friends I invited to go out with me and other friends this weekend told me she wasn't allowed to go out without her fiance'.

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I can do whatever I want...I dont think I'd stay with a man who told me I couldn't go out without  him.

Join us if you like Anime :) We talk about much more than just anime. We play games, write short stories, read books together and much more if you'd like to join. Even if you're new to Anime we'd love to have you in our group. We are a no drama group.

babyant13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I'm allowed but he will txt to see if everything alright if I'm gone to long
Goondoggle
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Not... allowed? If my boyfriend tried telling me I couldn't go out with friends without him I would laugh. I always let him know where I'll be and if I'm going to be out late I will text him to let him know.
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM
2 moms liked this

In our marriage, there is no such thing as allowing or not allowing. We are not each other's parents. That man sounds controlling.

Goth_mom13
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM

i have no friends lol so i go out with my dad if he wants me to go with him

but df doesnt dictate where i go and what i do

JessiFaye
by Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:10 AM

There is no "allowing" in my marriage. We are individuals, and we do what we want to do. Obviously, if I'm going to go out with my friends for dinner or whatever, I'll let him know so he doesn't think something happened to me... but I don't have to ask his permission. If I ever did ask, he'd probably laugh at me and think I'd lost my mind.

ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM

uh.....yes i am 'allowed'. my dh is controlling

momatoaprincess
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I can do whatever I want as long as we talk about it. if I want to go out with my friends this weekend it would be totally fine but he just wants me to have the respect to let him know and vise versa. if any guy told me i wasnt "allowed" to do something, I would be pissed and i would do it anyway. there is a difference between "you are not allowed" and "i would rather you not because..." 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Lol I am my own person. We check in with each other but he never tells me what I can and can't do and I don't tell him.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I don't have to ask his permission.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)