Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Just because I am 24 years old, doesn't mean I don't...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 34 Replies

Today at work I actually had to go to the office and finish up some paperwork. I pulled my door too, and opened up Pandora on my phone to at least give me a little pep for the day. 

Well one of my other co-workers popped her head in and started laughing hysterically. WTF is so funny? She was laughing because I was listening to Frank Sinatra.

I would rather listen to Sinatra all day long than most of the shit that is contemporary. She thinks it is hilarious that I LOVE Sintara. She is younger than me and prefers the Hot 100 station.

I don't think it is that strange. I really don't, but apparently some people do.

Oh well, semi-vent for the day over.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wills_Wifey
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I would so much rather listen to older stuff than what is out there today! My parents have been telling me for a long time that I was born in the wrong generation.
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I occasionally listen to 40/50's music. I'm really an all over different type of here girl.
tatianaXOadrian
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Well that's immature of her, my little 5 year old cousins argue/laugh at each other over stuff like that lol.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Love Sinatra! I'm 29, but I always have! His voice is amaaaaazing.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I thought that everyone loved Frank Sinatra!

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Nothing wrong with having different taste in music.  The older stuff can really sound amazing sometimes.

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
6 moms liked this

But...You can't twerk to Sinatra!

theosgirl45
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 23 and I love Elvis.  Really any music from the 50s and 60s but Elvis most of all.  I get a lot of weird looks too.  My mom tells me I was born during the wrong era.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

Miss5ft4
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM

My parents have always said I should have been born way before my time for the music and movies I prefer.

Sinatra is my lifelong man-crush :)

anitalynn7
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I'm unsure how one could not at least appreciate Frank Sinatra (and I also love his music), but I've always been an old soul, I suppose. You like what you like!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN