Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because I am 24 years old, doesn't mean I don't...

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 34 Replies

Today at work I actually had to go to the office and finish up some paperwork. I pulled my door too, and opened up Pandora on my phone to at least give me a little pep for the day. 

Well one of my other co-workers popped her head in and started laughing hysterically. WTF is so funny? She was laughing because I was listening to Frank Sinatra.

I would rather listen to Sinatra all day long than most of the shit that is contemporary. She thinks it is hilarious that I LOVE Sintara. She is younger than me and prefers the Hot 100 station.

I don't think it is that strange. I really don't, but apparently some people do.

Oh well, semi-vent for the day over.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wills_Wifey
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I would so much rather listen to older stuff than what is out there today! My parents have been telling me for a long time that I was born in the wrong generation.
Bookoholic
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I occasionally listen to 40/50's music. I'm really an all over different type of here girl.
tatianaXOadrian
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Well that's immature of her, my little 5 year old cousins argue/laugh at each other over stuff like that lol.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Love Sinatra! I'm 29, but I always have! His voice is amaaaaazing.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I thought that everyone loved Frank Sinatra!

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Nothing wrong with having different taste in music.  The older stuff can really sound amazing sometimes.

motherslove82
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM
6 moms liked this

But...You can't twerk to Sinatra!

theosgirl45
by Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I am 23 and I love Elvis.  Really any music from the 50s and 60s but Elvis most of all.  I get a lot of weird looks too.  My mom tells me I was born during the wrong era.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

Miss5ft4
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:26 PM

My parents have always said I should have been born way before my time for the music and movies I prefer.

Sinatra is my lifelong man-crush :)

anitalynn7
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I'm unsure how one could not at least appreciate Frank Sinatra (and I also love his music), but I've always been an old soul, I suppose. You like what you like!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN