Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**September Weight loss challenge - Who's with me??**

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
  • 65 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have some important things coming up at the end of the month for my new business, and it is really motivating me to kick it in high gear this month on the weight loss front.

I'm going to focus on eating healthier foods and trying to find better choices when I want something sweet, like fruit. Hopefully find some recipes to do some juicing too. I want to exercise more than I do now, which is never haha. I have really fallen off that wagon since my car accident in May.

I will weigh myself the morning of September first and start from that beginning weight, and I will be posting my weight on this post and any exercising I can fit into my schedule to hold myself accountable. Feel free to join me in posting!

This is a post to keep each other accountable for our weight loss goals and getting healthier goals. There will be absolutely no judgement on this post, only positive reinforcement.

Hope some of you will join me!

**Sept 1st posting -

Okay, so I weighed myself this morning and am 226.5 ... I was 219 before I got pregnant, and had a lot to lose then. Then had gotten down to 205 right after birth (Only gained 15 lbs when pregnant, and it was all dd + placenta cuz she was almost 10 lbs herself), but have gained all of this back in the past year :/.

I really want to lose weight before the holidays so I can feel comfortable in family pictures.

My goal for today is to fit in at least 20 minutes of some kind of exercise. I am thinking it will be a long walk around the neighborhood later on this evening.

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I'm starting a whole30 in the middle of the month. I need to she'd some weight so,I'm in.
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Yay!! What is a whole30?

Quoting Courtney610:

I'm starting a whole30 in the middle of the month. I need to she'd some weight so,I'm in.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM
It's a 30 day eating program to detox your body. Nothing artificial, no preservatives, no dairy, no gluten, no sugar...etc. just meat, veggies, some fruit and some good fat. I did one last spring, I've never felt better.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Yay!! What is a whole30?

Quoting Courtney610:

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Wow! I've never heard of that being called that, but it sounds awesome! I would love to do that, not sure that it will be in September though... maybe I will shoot for that in October!

Quoting Courtney610:

It's a 30 day eating program to detox your body. Nothing artificial, no preservatives, no dairy, no gluten, no sugar...etc. just meat, veggies, some fruit and some good fat. I did one last spring, I've never felt better.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Yay!! What is a whole30?

Quoting Courtney610:

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Bump, anyone else want to join us??

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in. :) I need to lose some more.

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Woohoo! :)

Quoting mama2b100808:

I am in. :) I need to lose some more.

-Kney-
by Courtney on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I am in.

I'm cutting back on pop, taking out junk food and fast food on the 1st then I am also doing the squat challenge and throwing some crunches and other workouts in there trying to loose this flap I have from my last pregnancy. My son is 9 months old and with my birthday being next month its just perfect timing to really start and get on top of it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Awesome!! I need to cut out the fast food again too, it has creeped back into our lives cuz it is cheap. Is the squat challenge the one on facebook? Do you mind posting it? I want to start slow with the exercise though cuz I still have a lot of back pain from my car accident. And I hear ya, my daughter just turned one and I really thought I would have lost this weight by now.

Quoting -Kney-:

I am in.

I'm cutting back on pop, taking out junk food and fast food on the 1st then I am also doing the squat challenge and throwing some crunches and other workouts in there trying to loose this flap I have from my last pregnancy. My son is 9 months old and with my birthday being next month its just perfect timing to really start and get on top of it.

Ruthzaad
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm in. I use the apps NOOM and Nexercise to help me lol I don't have anyone to workout with so those help keep me a bit more motivated. In 2009 I stopped eating whites, no white flour, sugars, rice, etc. I went from a size 18 to an 8 in less than 6 months. The only exercise I did was a half hour of yoga 5 days a week. It was a miracle worker. Now after baby 4 I gained and I seriously need to go back to being healthy and self satisfied :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)