Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

SOOO annoying!

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 25 Replies

Theres nothing I hate more then when the cashier at a store acts annoyed when you put your wic checks up on the counter.

Most of my checks have 24 jars of baby fruits/veggies and I wasnt paying attention when the one I was using was changed to 22.. so I had 24 up there.. She got all bitchy and was like "you have two more you cant have 24" jeeez lady! I explained to her I normally get 24 but thats ok I can put 2 back. She didnt have to act like I was trying to get more!! She was so rude after the too!

Anyone experience anything like this ? Sucks!

CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. When DD was still on formula, we were able to get about 20 cans a month. Well, when we were going to cereal, they cut it down to 15 cans a month. I was absent minded one day, and just got 20, like I always did. When we got to the register, the girl grabs five of them, slams them down beside the register, and tells me in a very pissed off, rude as hell voice that * I can only get 15, but I could be a real woman and pay for the other five *.

Needless to say, she no longer works there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I'm sorry you experienced that :(

Join us if you like Anime :) We talk about much more than just anime. We play games, write short stories, read books together and much more if you'd like to join. Even if you're new to Anime we'd love to have you in our group. We are a no drama group.

CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:55 PM

smh

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Yep. When DD was still on formula, we were able to get about 20 cans a month. Well, when we were going to cereal, they cut it down to 15 cans a month. I was absent minded one day, and just got 20, like I always did. When we got to the register, the girl grabs five of them, slams them down beside the register, and tells me in a very pissed off, rude as hell voice that * I can only get 15, but I could be a real woman and pay for the other five *.

leslie1989
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Oh man I defiantly would be talking to her manager!! What a bitch! One time I misplaced my folder (ended up DH had it) I didn't know I didn't have it but anyways. I went to her milk and whatever with the wic, she rang it all up, then was like where's your folder. I searched in the diaper bag and purse and couldn't find it. She said well then you can't have this, I need to see your folder. So I left, in tears and called DH who was still in the store and he made them go and get everything and bring it to him. I know you are supposed to show them, but really no one ever asks me until this day.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

esox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Can't you just pay for whatever extras you have or does the wic stuff need to be on its own transaction? I'd stab a cashier if they did something like that to me! Well, not really but I'd sure want to!
crystalx
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM

it needs to be on its own transaction. I always try and separate my stuff as best as possible and they still treat me like shit. its really frustrating.  

Quoting esox:

Can't you just pay for whatever extras you have or does the wic stuff need to be on its own transaction? I'd stab a cashier if they did something like that to me! Well, not really but I'd sure want to!

CafeMom Tickers

crystalx
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

:o thats so rude!!

I hate it when cashiers are rude about it.. dont they realize its just as frustrating for us to have to separate everything and sometimes it can really annoying trying to find the wic stuff in stores!

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

CafeMom Tickers

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Do you not have a card? We have debit type cards, and we don't have to separate anything. I just ring everything up together and pay the difference. But that is rude. I've never had anyone treat me bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Holy guacamole that is a ton of formula. The most I ever got was 12 cans. I thought everyone got the same amount, but now I'm curious how they determine who gets what. Did your child eat all of that in a month? 12 usually fed my son except for a time or 2.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiniowien
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I didnt but she was on baby food in 2010... I get looks when I put milk and fruits and veggies 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN