Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

So tomorrow I will cry...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • 13 Replies
It is my birthday tomorrow. I will cry because I feel ancient, an ill only be 27, but I have a 9 yr old. I will cry because my good friend passed last month and won't be able to come. :( I will cry because my father will never know the woman I have become, nor the young lady his granddaughter is coming to be. I will cry in mourning. Tomorrow will not be a very happy day for this girl.

Sorry for my rambling. I haven't had coffee, yet.
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsLadyDae
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 7:55 AM

hugs

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Awww :( *hugs*

Sidenote - my dad is also pretty absent in my life, and his granddaughter's. When she was born it seemed like he was going to be in her life more than he had been in mine. He was in the room when she was born and for the first few months would visit every weekend to every other weekend... and then he tapered off and would visit once a month and then her birthday party was August 17th and he showed up for a few hours before the party. That was the first time we had seen him in 2 months. But he left right before the party started and didn't even bring her a card or a gift. I don't understand what the point even was of him coming that day honestly.

But anyways, sorry for the tangent...

Courtney610
by Courtney on Aug. 30, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Big hugs! Happy early birthday!

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Aww I am so sorry! I will be 29 in December so I really do know how you feel. My father isn't alive and my mother just won't come. But I do know how you feel. Need someone to talk to pm me. :)

Megan11587
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm sorry.  *hugs* 

Katrinapreston
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Hugs and loves
.Bad.Wolf.
by Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM

If it makes you feel better, you're not alone. I'll be 27 on the 12th. My oldest is almost 8 years old & I wish every day that my grandpa would come back. He's been gone 9 1/2 years now.

I hope you have a good birthday, despite all the hurt you are feeling right now!

sugarivy
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy birthday!  You are not ancient {{hugs}}

TempestRayne
by Donna on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I love you, Happy Birthday.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Aug. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM
TY, girls. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)