Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

so many questions, not enough answers!

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay so how many naps do you give your kids? I only give my daughter one nap a day!

And when are you suppose to switch them from a crib to a "big" girl/boy bed?

What are some snacks you feed your kids during the day?

When do you start potty training, and how to do you have the patientce for it??? lol

by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

CJ gets one nap

I'm switching him to a big boy bed when he's 2

Fruit, puffs & carrots mainly

I've already started at 16 months. Hes a pro at peeing but poop still is everywhere.

Join us if you like Anime :) We talk about much more than just anime. We play games, write short stories, read books together and much more if you'd like to join. Even if you're new to Anime we'd love to have you in our group. We are a no drama group.

countrymommy11
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

thats great hes at least peeing. with my daughter its hit or miss on potting!!

Quoting CJsMommy92:

CJ gets one nap

I've already started at 16 months. Hes a pro at peeing but poop still is everywhere.

CJsMommy92
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's easier to teach boys to pee in the potty. That cheerio trick worked amazingly.

Quoting countrymommy11:

Quoting CJsMommy92:

CJ gets one nap

countrymommy11
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:18 PM

hahaha thats great! i wish there was tricks for girls like that!

Quoting CJsMommy92:

I think it's easier to teach boys to pee in the potty. That cheerio trick worked amazingly.

Quoting countrymommy11:

Quoting CJsMommy92:

CJ gets one nap

chicklopez
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Naps, My dd never took naps. (literally from age 6 months), My 2yo transitioned at about a year to 2 naps and around 2 transitioned to 1, he could probably drop the nap altogether but he's a crabby little brat so the nap stays. My youngest, 9mo, has about 2-3 naps a day. Sometimes he will only have 1-2 but those days are rough.

I made the switch to big kid bed around 2. We started with each kid, a mattress on the floor. If you have problems with them continously getting up, just keep putting them back. I always wait until a birthday or christmas to actually get them the toddler bed.

Potty training, around 2. My dd was easy, it took her a few days to consistently pee in the potty chair, but a lot longer to poop. All in all she took a month to fully potty train. My 2yo, we waited til his birthday to start trying. He took much much longer to train, he loved just standing there watching himself pee (facepalm) I think it offically took 6 months? To potty train him. We moved to a new place and he loves it here so much, we havent had any accidents.

With both kids we did the method of keeping them naked from the waist down. If my youngest proves to be as stubborn as my 2yo we may consider a different method of potty training.

chicklopez
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:52 PM

forgot the snacks part:

My kids love crackers, cheese sticks, carrot sticks, broccoli, sometimes Ill give them fruit as snacks. I try not to give them cookies and chips as snacks but SO doesnt see a problem with them.

My youngest, I love giving him the biter biscuits, puffs, and basically smaller portions of what the bigger kids get.

countrymommy11
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Thank you for the advice! I'm for sure going to try skipping the pull ups and go to underwear! She loves going in there and sitting on her potty but I ask her if she has to go and she always says no!

Quoting chicklopez:

Naps, My dd never took naps. (literally from age 6 months), My 2yo transitioned at about a year to 2 naps and around 2 transitioned to 1, he could probably drop the nap altogether but he's a crabby little brat so the nap stays. My youngest, 9mo, has about 2-3 naps a day. Sometimes he will only have 1-2 but those days are rough.

I made the switch to big kid bed around 2. We started with each kid, a mattress on the floor. If you have problems with them continously getting up, just keep putting them back. I always wait until a birthday or christmas to actually get them the toddler bed.

Potty training, around 2. My dd was easy, it took her a few days to consistently pee in the potty chair, but a lot longer to poop. All in all she took a month to fully potty train. My 2yo, we waited til his birthday to start trying. He took much much longer to train, he loved just standing there watching himself pee (facepalm) I think it offically took 6 months? To potty train him. We moved to a new place and he loves it here so much, we havent had any accidents.

With both kids we did the method of keeping them naked from the waist down. If my youngest proves to be as stubborn as my 2yo we may consider a different method of potty training.

army_5_wife
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I waited till my girls were absolutely ready to potty train, youll know when she is ready. My oldest potty trained herslef at 3 overnight (literally). She had been trying since 18 months but with my husband joining the army at that time we had a few set backs with moves and such. My second little girl took about 6 month to get her trained because she was lazy and wanted a diaper over going. My third little girl was started at 2 and we have been working on it ever since, she will be 3 in oct. during the day she does excellent but at night its still pull ups. she was mentally ready before she was physically. as far as naps all my kids were different my youngest little boy takes 1-2 a day depending on how he is feeling. he just turned a yr. i switch all my kids from the crib to the toddler bed once they start trying to climb out of the crib. snacks all depend, from fruit, veggies, fruit snacks, crackers.

Katrinapreston
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1.We do one nap a day too.

2.I say I will switch her to a big girl bed when she can climb out or turns 3.

3.fruit, pretzels, yogurt, cheese, crackers

4. We started introducing at 16 months but still not successful at the whole potty thing ... 22 months now.

Quoting countrymommy11:

Okay so how many naps do you give your kids? I only give my daughter one nap a day!

And when are you suppose to switch them from a crib to a "big" girl/boy bed?

What are some snacks you feed your kids during the day?

When do you start potty training, and how to do you have the patientce for it??? lol

TempestRayne
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:02 PM

one, when they can climb out of their crib, yogurt/cheese/fruit/cereal, around 2.5 and i take a lot of deep breaths.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN