Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need to loose weight! HELP!!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

I really need to get into shape! Any diets that anyone has tried that really worked?

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TempestRayne
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Proper diet, portion control and exercise are the only real, helathy, beneficial ways to lose weight. everything else is a gimmick and once you stop the diets (which are often dangerous), you will gain the weight back. Consult a doctor about a weightloss plan that is best for you.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Moderation and clean eating ave helped me. Good luck hun!

winkyloafer.
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I just eat simple, healthy meals and drink water, in addition to 20-30 miles of walking and/or running.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oap2013
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I agree. I tried alot of diets and gained it all back.

Quoting TempestRayne:

Proper diet, portion control and exercise are the only real, helathy, beneficial ways to lose weight. everything else is a gimmick and once you stop the diets (which are often dangerous), you will gain the weight back. Consult a doctor about a weightloss plan that is best for you.

Goondoggle
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't buy junk food, soda, or "easy meals". If its not in your house it can't tempt you. Don't allow yourself to go to fast food, either. Try to do homecooked meals instead, and when you want a snack have a salad or a fruit. If you're not the greatest cook (I admit, neither am I) then I really suggest searching for crock pot meals. You can prepare them in advanced and freeze them. On the day you want to cook it pop it all in the crock pot in the morning and let it cook on low all day. Super super easy!
As for exercise, when your body is getting proper nutrition even light exercise will make a difference. A walk in the afternoon should be enough on lazy days, but if you have access to a gym try to exercise for at least 30 min a day.
kcm710
by Member on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I'm starting the south beach diet today actually. My best Friend started it two weeks ago and has lost 9lbs already.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Sep. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Try clean eating... I don't use the word diet anymore... I eat according to my health and fitness goals. I want abs... Gain muscle and lose inches. I've lost 62.5 pounds since having my son and its all about making healthy food choices... Not starving yourself... Hydrating properly... And exercising. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Don't diet. Change your relationship with food. Eat more fruits, veggies, good carbs, healthy fats and meat. Drink water. No more soda, juice or alcohol.

Cut artificial preservatives, additives and colors out of your diet.
countrymommy11
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM
How do you know what good carbs are?

Quoting Courtney610:

Don't diet. Change your relationship with food. Eat more fruits, veggies, good carbs, healthy fats and meat. Drink water. No more soda, juice or alcohol.

Cut artificial preservatives, additives and colors out of your diet.
amcunni88
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Hi countrymommy11!

Have you ever tried the It Works body wrap? In addition to eating clean these wraps are excellent to help get the body you're looking for! Shoot me a message if you're interested in them or you can just head on over to my site to check out the products! ambercunningham.myitworks.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)