Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 3 Replies

I was a SAHM up until about 7 months ago and I have having trouble finding the balance between work and making sure my son doesn't get ignored. I was just wondering some tips and tricks to making sure your children get the amount of attention they need. I work 40 hours a week and when I come home I am mentally exhausted. I feel so bad because my little boy is so happy to see me (as am i to see him) and wants to play and I just want to sit down for 30 minutes and zone out.

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Josie_P
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I think a big one is to remember that it's okay to be tired and want to have a break. A 30 minute cat nap won't hurt and you may wake up feeling a bit better (at least, I do lol). Maybe you guys can do some quiet activities so that you can unwind without a lot of noise.

angiejones256
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:00 PM

well work overnight so im gone untill about 4 am so im not sure how much help i can be bcuz im home during the day with them. ummm maybe take him to the park near by it gives u a chance to sit by the slide or something while hes having a blast and in a wayyyy ur not ingoring him. idk maybe??

brjdaniels
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I am definitely doing the park thing once it cools down. We live in Northern TX and from May - September it stays 100 or above.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)