Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What do you worry about most when the kids go back to school?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
  • 5 Replies

8 Biggest Worries Moms Have When Kids Go Back to School

by Maressa Brown

kids waiting for busTime for the kids to put their backpacks on and get on the bus to head back to school! It's a time of very mixed emotions for, well, everyone! You want to be thrilled that they're off to start a new chapter, but at the same time, back to school means back to a higher risk for a bunch of icky, unnerving situations kids may suffer through/pick up when they're back in the classroom.

Here, 8 most traumatic things moms worry about when school starts ...

1. Gross illnesses you dread - From pinworms to head lice, going back to school can mean your little one picking up all sorts of nasty infections.
  2. Bullying - Something all parents fear, but of course the odds go up when kids are in class.
  3. Nervous tummy aches - Whether it's because they don't want to use the bathroom at school or it's just nerves, moms may worry that a tummy ache will result in a call from the school nurse.
  4. Playground injuries - Of course kids can fall and scrape a knee just as easily in the summertime, but recess can be an even riskier business, as it's a daily occurrence and kids are apt to get rowdy with one another.
  5. Discord with a new teacher - Can't forget this biggie! Every year, finding out whose class your child is in is a major event. It's natural to dread discord -- with your child and the teacher or you and the teacher!
  6. Cliques - Unfortunately, back to school can mean back to cliquey, mean girl/boy behavior that could leave your kid out in the cold.
  7. Dressing appropriately - Forget worrying about just the first day back! Every day back is a big deal once kids start being more fashion-conscious ... for better or worse. Even before then, you may still worry whether your kid is dressed right for the weather and the events of the day. 
  8. Food allergies - Either the kind that you're already aware of flaring up or learning about a new one or your child's meal tipping off another kid's! Oh for the love of peanuts!

What traumatic situations do you worry about most when the kids go back to school?

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM

To be honest I am scared to death about myson starting next year. I had a God awful Kindergarten teacher. I hated school after that and I am scared my kids will as well. I also worry about bullies. Especially for my daughter. She is painfully shy and sensitive.

Jessicalynnhall
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Bullying for sure

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:55 AM
We chose to homeschool in response to bullying and a terrible school system in our area.
Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I am not that worried about any of it. I'm involved with the school enough, that I feel much better about all of it. If I didn't spend so much time volunteering, I would be most worried about bullying.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I'm glad I don't have to worry about this for a few years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN