What do you worry about most when the kids go back to school?
Time for the kids to put their backpacks on and get on the bus to head back to school! It's a time of very mixed emotions for, well, everyone! You want to be thrilled that they're off to start a new chapter, but at the same time, back to school means back to a higher risk for a bunch of icky, unnerving situations kids may suffer through/pick up when they're back in the classroom.
Here, 8 most traumatic things moms worry about when school starts ...
- Gross illnesses you dread - From pinworms to head lice, going back to school can mean your little one picking up all sorts of nasty infections.
- Bullying - Something all parents fear, but of course the odds go up when kids are in class.
- Nervous tummy aches - Whether it's because they don't want to use the bathroom at school or it's just nerves, moms may worry that a tummy ache will result in a call from the school nurse.
- Playground injuries - Of course kids can fall and
scrape a knee just as easily in the summertime, but recess can be an
even riskier business, as it's a daily occurrence and kids are apt to
get rowdy with one another.
- Discord with a new teacher - Can't forget this
biggie! Every year, finding out whose class your child is in is a major
event. It's natural to dread discord -- with your child and the teacher
or you and the teacher!
- Cliques - Unfortunately, back to school can mean back to cliquey, mean girl/boy behavior that could leave your kid out in the cold.
- Dressing appropriately - Forget worrying about just the first day back! Every day
back is a big deal once kids start being more fashion-conscious ... for
better or worse. Even before then, you may still worry whether your kid
is dressed right for the weather and the events of the day.
- Food allergies - Either the kind that you're already aware of flaring up or learning about a new one or your child's meal tipping off another kid's! Oh for the love of peanuts!
What traumatic situations do you worry about most when the kids go back to school?