Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How long did it take you to recover?

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 44 Replies

Did you give birth vaginally or via C-section? How long did it take you to recover? I gave birth vaginally and didn't have any tearing or anything so I was fine in a couple of weeks, but my cousin had a C-section last month and is still having pain and other issues. Is that normal?

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I felt pretty good 2 weeks after my c-section. About a month for me to be 100% the first one. I felt really good 2 weeks after my second one.
But yeah that's pretty normal for most women. If she is concerned she should call her doctor.

hockeymomfor4
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Within 2 weeks I was feeling better after my vaginal deliveries.

rozenshyao
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I had vaginal delivery with my first. I tore a little, but I was fine after 2 weeks. 

CafeMom Tickers
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM
A week,vaginal
mollymae09
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Honestly, the doctor was amazed that I was walking around in normal clothes 8 hours later. I had one small tear and only needed one stich. I never had any pain down there after delivery. I just wanted Tylenol for the epidural site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USMCWifey2011
by Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM
C section for both.... first took me almost 3 months... im 3 weeks pp with DS2 and still hurt A LOT
ColieO
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Both vaginal. About 3-4 days and then I felt fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I had a horrible vaginal birth (52 stitches later, I was put together) and I was totally fine the day I left the hospital with the exception of being exhausted from losing so much blood. I did have to take more naps, but not really anything worse than that.

My second I had c-section and the only issue I had was stairs.I could not climb stairs. And I slept in a recliner for a week or two so I wouldn't have to get out of my bed to get my baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hds_02
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I had a vaginal delivery, but I had to have stitches because I had some tearing.  I had a job at that time.  Due to the tearing, I was out of work for eight weeks on maternity leave instead of just six as planned.  I felt okay, overall, but I dreaded it when I had to go to the bathroom.  Ouch.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I was back to normal within 2 weeks of my c-section. I never took any pain medication after the second day of my surgery either. I think it varies with each woman, but she should definitely feel better by 6 weeks, if not she should bring it up with her dr at her 6 week checkup.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)