Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

For thoes of you that didnt spend

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM
  • 14 Replies
A crap load of money on your wedding... What did you do for your big day? How much did you end up spending? Did you regret later not having the big fancy wedding?

And any pics to share of your big day would be nice! :)
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deputygirls28
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM
We spent I think $130 and we just went to the courthouse. We had to do that bc we wanted to avoid drama from someone else. It was actually pretty cool. Afterwords we spent some time with the family then we went away for the night. And nope, dont regret it at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Bumping since I have never been married.

AbbeysMom2013
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Mobile Photo

We went to Hawaii. About 15 friends/family. It was amazing. A week in Hawaii and the wedding was under eight grand. But we also weren't keeping track of money since it was our wedding. I don't regret it, if we got married at home it would have been easily over a two hundred person wedding, that's not what I wanted.
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM

My wedding was less than $5,000.  We got married in the same church that my parents and grandparents got married in. And by the same preacher that has married most of my family. We paid my Grandmothers Ladies Auxiliary group to make the food and it was served buffet style. So we paid just over $500 and had a ton of homemade, Delicious food (this included our wedding cake and grooms cake). I paid a little less than $1000 for my dress including alterations and the veil. We made the bouquets and boutonnieres our selves. I still have my bouquet in my china cabinet 10 years later. We also made the center pieces and the the flowers for the church. We pretty much did everything ourselves and I don't have one single regret about my wedding. As far as I'm concerned it was perfect!

TTC1n2012
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I'm not married yet but planning as we speak.. and we are topping off at 250$.. We are getting married by offiliate(justice of peace) and getting a hall to have a reception/party..

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:32 AM
We had a jop wedding. We just paid for the license and the judge.

countrymommy11
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Mobile Photo

We spent roughly around $2,000 for our wedding and it was outside in a field on the in-laws property! I think my dress costed the most!
katherine84
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I spent under $1000! We rented a little church for $50, hired a student photographer for the rights to put any of my photos in her portfolio, borrowed a dress, bought a few decorations, and the most money was spent on BBQ catering and cake for the 75 people that rsvp'd!

We've been married 8 years on the 9th!!!
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I haven't been married yet either, bump.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Bumping since I have never been married.

LEY1307
by Lauren on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM
We spent $80 total. $40 for the marriage license and $40 for the preacher. I wore a borrowed dress and we got married in a preacher's living room. I have no regrets and we have been married for 6 years and 9 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)