Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How did you name?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 29 Replies
So I know that those of us in our twentys are a bit younger and therefor have different naming ideas then some women. So how did you chose your kids?

I first decided I would be one of those moms who made her kids names alike. My mom did it with myself and my siblings: Vanessa, Vicktor and Violett. So why not? After a while, we decided on E's and nice and short four letters. So then we needed to find ones that would work with the last name and flow good with a middle name. The middle names were chosen first by important people in our lives. For girls: Jennifer (my mom), Catherine (his mom) and Sevannah (my grandmother). For boys: Louis (my father), Joseph (his brother) and Richard (his father)
And in the end our naming choices ended up:
Erin Jennifer
Emma Catherine
Eden Sevannah
Evan Louis
Erik Richard
Emit Joseph

In the end, we ended up with Erin Eden and Emma!
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM
We have one daughter, my husband said the name one day early In my pregnancy and it just stuck. Then we found out we were having a girl, so that's what we named her. Her middle name is my moms first name. Abigail Rochelle. If we did have another I don't think I would worry about matching the names.
ColieO
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was a name I'd come across and it just felt right. It fits him perfectly for some reason. His middle name is the same as his bio dads middle name. Gage Michael.
My daughter was a combined effort between my husband and I. Wrote down the names we liked, compared lists, narrowed it down and then decided. The only thing that I was not compromising on was that my daughters middle name had to be Diane. It was my grandma's name. She ended up with Adelaide Victoria Diane.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a paetyn Isabelle Marie, she was named because we liked the name...

Hunter lane, middle name is after his father :-/

Carson Tyler middle name is after his father

And kaitlyn grace just liked the name...

I picked names I liked, and didn't name then after anybody as I didn't want jealousy issues ;)
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I don't think being in our twenties has anything to do with it...but, I just chose names that flowed with our last name. I made sure they were the traditional spelling and classic names. I hate names that are spelled weird or sound completley made up.

hds_02
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

My daughter has my grandma's first name as her first name and my mom's first name for her middle name.

SexyDiva19
by Member on Sep. 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM
I had my son at 35 weeks and still hadnt thought of a name so my sister gave him his 1st name, my mother gave him his middle name and he has my last name. I like the name somewhat but I wouldnt have picked it out myself but he is 8 now and goes by his nickname anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I let Dad pick out for our son Gabriel, I picked Brylee after I dreamed of having her while pregnant.

FoxTales
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM
We went through all kinds of names and meanings, and then one day we heard the name Kaleb and fell in love with it. My husband wanted the K as he felt it was stronger than a C. He liked it much better that way and I didn't care, so we went with that spelling. His middle name, Michael, is a name that runs strong in both sides of my and his family. Our daughter, Kendra... We had so many names we couldn't settle on one for awhile, but then I found the middle name, Brielle, and I was in love with the combination. We didn't really do the K thing on purpose... In fact if we ever have a third we aren't doing a k. (for one, I don't want a "kkk" family lol) it would be Ethan, which was my dad's pick if he ever had another boy, or Madisyn, which is a name my husband is in love with. This little one didn't seem like a Madisyn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrettsMommy927
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Well, Actually....it was easy. I have the WEIRDEST last name. and i for the life of me could NOT find a name for a little boy that went with it. So i thought and i thought. I went through every name that I could think of and only one made my heart all warm and fuzzy because honestly its the only name that has always been there for me, and never kicked me when I was down. So for my dads fathers day gift, he got a grandson named after him :) My dad is my hero, and they both are the biggest parts of my life. They are my bretts, (brats LOL) and no one elses.grandpa

RJsMommy0828
by on Sep. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM

My son was named after his father and his middle name was chosen because I liked it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)