Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Been spotting for 3 weeks!!! Maybe Pregnant??? Testing soon... Please HELP!!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM
  • 7 Replies
Background: Well last month was a bust... I wasn't pregnant and I learned that I have PCOS... They have put me on birth control to try to straighten it out because it would be quote "Extremely dangerous" For me if I were to get pregnant now. My bf and I were not actively TTC. Now for the time being i'm sticking to my birth control.. at least I was trying to... They gave me provera to start my period... a few days later I had some spotting and started my pills (emoquette) I have not stopped spotting since then... It has been 24 days of spotting. I never actually got my period. We had sex on the 3rd (I started spotting on the 15th) and on the 26th because the spotting is so minute... Now i'm starting to worry... I took a dollar test yesterday morning and I think there was a shadow... i'm retesting in a few hours / in the morning... I learned that a medication i'm on... Lamictal... lowers the effect of BC by nearly half if not nulling it out completely... which means even though I was spotting IF my calendar was right I was ovulating between the 24-29th right when I had sex. I'm starting to have mild pregnancy symptoms... so i'm kinda freaked... So here's my question: Have any of you experienced anything similar??? Mild spotting for over 3 weeks no period and pregnancy signs??? What happened??? If anyone has any idea about this please let me know... I need to find out if i'm pregnant asap because of the medication i'm on... Baby Dust to All Naomi
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Bookoholic
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I have but it was because of my BC. I am on another meds to stop the spotting. Do take a Prego test in the am and let us know. But if you aren't then I would schedule another appt/call your ob/gyn and tell them what's up.
nonetheless
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 2:37 AM

BUMP!

lilysmommy2012
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 6:14 AM

I always panic when I'm late....always and my boobs will hurt, I've been tired, moody, and except for twice I wasn't pregnant. Deep breath. It will be ok, you will be ok, babies only come when they are supposed to :)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I've never experienced it so here is a bump.

Kaybean
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I've never experienced that before. Often times though, spotting between periods can be from hormonal imbalance and.lkw progesterone. Why did they say it would be very dangerous to get pregnant?
LongBeachLiz
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Did you retest?
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Did you retest?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)