Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is jealous or something?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 7 Replies
My 2yr old DD seems to hate it when my SO shows me affection, as in: we will all be watching Tinkerbell, toy story etc. and he will put his arm around me or sometimes lay down with his head on my Lap or I will lay into him. Sometimes she's on the sofa with us sometimes not. She will give him the sink eye and say "No! Get off."

Which is why I think its jealousy. however, sometimes she will do the same to me! She never does it when we hug or give each other a peck etc. it sends only movie time and when she wakes us up in the morning. If we're cuddled up she gets all winey and sometimes pitches a fit. I'm not sure if I should reprimand her because we can all cuddle up and watch movies or what.

Extra info: the custody agreement says me and my ex get her for 3 days each and switch on the forth day so this might play in as well. I know she likes my SO because she will ask for him all the time and plays with him etc... it is just really stating to bug me....
by on Sep. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Omg my dd is the same way. She esp hates it when we kiss. She will push me away, wipe my kiss off and kiss him.
rhiannonaisling
by Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM

My friend's dd is the same. In her case however it is because her dad is in the military and stationed across the country (family for both are on this coast and mom was in school so they made the decision that she would stay near family since she has health issues) and yes it is a jealousy issue...they both spoil her rotten as well...so when he is home she wants all his attention for herself.

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
My daughter went through that when she was younger, but hasn't in a long time. When she did it, we would just pick her up and cuddle her for a minute and then shr seemed fine.

I also think part of it is just a phase. She'll grow out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 7, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Try including her in the cuddles. I wouldn't really reprimand at her age though.

RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Thank you everyone. I try to give her cuddles before/without her acting like that so she doesn't learn that acting like this is a way to get cuddles. I apprechiate all the advice =)

adi29
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM
My son does that too. He don't do it when his sister hugs his father. Its just when me and my dh
RedHeadTemper
by Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I'm glad I'm not alone. We've been cuddled up watching the magic school bus this morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)