Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Iud

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 16 Replies
Does any one here have an iud?? I'm now 3 days late. Occasionally left side pain and I'm flipping out!
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Motherof_one
by Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
The no period is normal , the pain in your left side I have no clue I have that too. I hate mine I have had it for a year and I hate it! Sorry I could not help much.
Missmolly91
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM
I've had it for a year and a half and always had my period!
twokids0407
by Bronze Member on Sep. 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmm i was just thinking of making a simular post...oxcept i have no pain. Since march i have been on a 20 day cycle (yah it sucks), i am on day 23 with no aunt flow. And the string i think is smaller, usually i can feel it, but it seems further back and smaller. Hopefully you figure out your problem.
Wills_Wifey
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I had mine for 5 years and had to get it removed because of a tubular pregnancy in May. Do you normally get your period? I would keep a close eye on things. I ended up bleeding for three weeks and had some major pain, like I was labor. I went to the er because it got to the point that I could hardly move and found out I was pregnant. I was there for almost two days, the pregnancy had to be terminated and then I had to keep getting blood work done to make sure that everything passed. Not something to mess around with.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM

I don't but bump.

XingFingers
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Which one do you have? I HAD the PARAGUARD. no hormones, so periods were regular for me. I never had any problems with mine. It was in for almost 4 years(now TTC so, that's the only reason it was removed). I have had friends who say that it gives them problems. Every woman is different(don't you get tired of hearing that when you really want an answer?), but it's the truth. 

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I have had Mirena for 4 years and I love it. Haven't had a period since they put it in!
NikkiPitt0805
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 9:31 AM

when I had my IUD in after like the first 6 months I didn't have a period.  I would have a little cramping like I was going to start, and then it would go away and not come back for another month or so.  If you are concerned, call your doctor and see what they say, but it is perfectly normal not to have a period.  I had mine in for 5 years and my only complaint was the cramping with it.  Good luck!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I don't, I have the implanon. Not sure if the IUD does this, but the implanon makes me not have a period, and when I do have one (which has only been twice in the past year) it is very light. If you are having pain though, I would call the doctor and go in to get checked.

Missmolly91
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:59 AM
That's what I have! Hormones make me frazy! But ik 2 ppl who've gotten pregnant on it!

Quoting XingFingers:

Which one do you have? I HAD the PARAGUARD. no hormones, so periods were regular for me. I never had any problems with mine. It was in for almost 4 years(now TTC so, that's the only reason it was removed). I have had friends who say that it gives them problems. Every woman is different(don't you get tired of hearing that when you really want an answer?), but it's the truth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)