Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do you like your inlaws?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 43 Replies

Or your SO's family?

I love my inlaws.  They are very understanding, supportive and just nice.  I call my MIL my emergency back up mom :)  We get along really well.  I think I am lucky since you always hear horror stories about the inlaws.

by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I like most of them.

JessiFaye
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

My sister-in-law and I have been really close from the beginning. My father-in-law is annoying, but I tolerate him. My mother-in-law never really seemed to like me all that much... until she discovered I was pregnant. Just takes a grandchild to make an old lady see perspective, I guess. ;)

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I don't know his family enough to know if I like them or not. I've only met his brother and dad once. I have yet to meet his 4 other siblings, his mom, and the rest of his extended family.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Sep. 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I love my inlaws. :)

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Hate them.

We don't associate with most of that side of the family.
motherof531
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I would love to get along  with my in-laws but the problem is they want to be in our relationship and tell us how run our house hold and how to raise our children I try my hardest to speak up but not be disrespectful at the same time. Any advice?

PrimmednPunked
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Honestly, talk to them like adults.  My MIL tried this once and both DH and I sat down with her and put it simply.  We are adults, we will live the way we want to and you don't need to be involved unless you think it will do a lot of harm.

Quoting motherof531:

I would love to get along  with my in-laws but the problem is they want to be in our relationship and tell us how run our house hold and how to raise our children I try my hardest to speak up but not be disrespectful at the same time. Any advice?

Kaybean
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Love my in laws to death and I like all if my DH's family, but some of them are trashy.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I've only met my sister in law and she is nice enough.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 9, 2013 at 1:22 PM
At first it was rocky but now we all get along well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)