Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal time trouble?

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 9 Replies
How do you get your children to eat? Mine won't eat very much at meal time. We have taken sugary drinks away and give her water or juice during the day, but she still doesn't want to eat. We sit her in her high chair at meal times so it's not like she's distracted by much. Any advice?
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 4:33 PM

What are you trying to feed her? Mine eats breakfast, lunch and dinner well for me... when she is full she starts to play with her food but that is about it. She drinks milk and water. Maybe try to make "fun" kid snacks and things like sandwiches in the shape of animals or something.

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Honestly, I'd get rid of the juice also.

How old is she?
countrymommy11
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:09 PM
She is 20 months

Quoting Courtney610:

How old is she?
countrymommy11
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 6:12 PM
She eats everything we make (at least we give her everything we make) she eats some but not much.

Quoting k9l1c5:

What are you trying to feed her? Mine eats breakfast, lunch and dinner well for me... when she is full she starts to play with her food but that is about it. She drinks milk and water. Maybe try to make "fun" kid snacks and things like sandwiches in the shape of animals or something.

Motherandwife3
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I don't have any advice my 6 year old refuses to eat anything. He says he don't like it but he doesn't even try it! I need the advice too.
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Yeah I'd get rid of the juice too.

Quoting Courtney610:

How old is she?

BrettsMommy927
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM
2 moms liked this

not just getting rid of the juice, make sure you don't let her take in a bunch of fluids right before meal times, alot of time my son fills up on liquids and doesn't have enough room for food. Just a thought :) <3

Necole87
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I've had the same issue with my son not wanting to eat a lot at meal times. And I've always been concerned because he's at such a light weight for his age. So I stopped letting him have anything to drink an hour or two before meal time, then he'll eat more. Now there are times were he won't want to eat what I fix. And sometimes I just leave it and tell him be had to eat that or nothing, I know it's bad to tell your kid they can starve, but when thy get hungry enough they'll eat what you out infront of them unless they really just don't like it. I've also had to push dinner one later am hour, because he always gets a snack at daycare before I pick him up. So I know he's not hungry until a little later than the usual dinner time.

Quoting BrettsMommy927:

not just getting rid of the juice, make sure you don't let her take in a bunch of fluids right before meal times, alot of time my son fills up on liquids and doesn't have enough room for food. Just a thought :) <3

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

My kids do this also.

Quoting BrettsMommy927:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)