Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the most insane reason you've been given for not getting an RSVP?

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 0 Replies

10 Valid Reasons for Not RSVPing to a Kid's Birthday Party

by Jill Smokler 

As mothers, we all play countless roles in a single day: Nurse, Chauffeur, Chef, Dentist, DJ, Fashion Director, Janitor, Launderer, Banker, Dietician, Personal Shopper, Photographer, Plumber, Caregiver, Maid, Cheerleader, Counselor, Storyteller, Teacher, Exterminator, Coach, Negotiator ... The list is endless.

So, please tell me: Why is it so difficult to take three seconds, play secretary, and freaking RSVP for a kid's birthday party? There are few things that infuriate me more.

I mean, there are certainly valid excuses for not RSVPing, but I'm pretty sure none of them apply to most parties in this day and age.

But, for the record, I won't hold it against you if ...

1. The invitation got lost in the mail. Fine. (Though I'm always suspicious of post office excuses.)

2. You'd been held hostage in the house by zombies for a month and were unable to check the mail.

3. You aren't actually the parent of the child to whom the invitation was intended for.

4. You were abducted by aliens who wiped out all social graces from your mind.

5. You contracted a flesh-eating virus and were quarantined in a single room unable to communicate with anyone. 

6. Your spouse thought you took care of it and you thought he took care of it. Been there, done that.

7. You're secretly a government spy and were called away on a top secret life saving mission.

8. Your house caught fire and everything in it burned down, including the bulletin board which housed the invitation. 

9. The dog ate the invitation before you ever had a chance to see it.

10. You never, ever want your kid invited to my kids' birthday party again. Done.

What's the most insane reason you've been given for not getting an RSVP?

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)