Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Signs of Autism.. :(

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 20 Replies
My daughter is sensitive to some loud noises. For example a train runs right behind our house and when she hears it she runs as fast as she can to get to whoever is closest or if someone is in one room and one in another room and someone yells for the other, she gets frantic and runs to you. She also has been walking on the tips of her toes lately, like a ballerina.

I done some research for myself on both of these issues. Now the loud noises I found that could be linked to autism. My daughter is very smart for her age, talks fine, and plays with other kids just fine. It also says that the loud noises can stand alone (meaning not in the autism spectrum) just the thought if my child having autism scares me.

As for her walking on her tip toes it says until age 2 it's nothing to be concerned about. Now my daughter will be 2 in Janurary so here is what I found about it. After age 2 and they are still walking on tip toes it can be a few things including:
-short Achilles' tendon
-motor disorder
-cerebral palsy
Now here's the real kick in the face for me.. It's also a type of autism.. As I said before my little girl doesn't have a problem socializing, playing with other kids, etc.

It's very scaring for me to think my little girl could have autism.. Does anyone have any advice or anything? :(
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RJsMommy0828
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I have autism if it's mild it's easy if it's sevear it can be rough it SOUNDS to me that IF she is autistic is mild but I'm not an expert. but I'm sure she's fine. It's probably just a sensory issue but if she's almost 2 you can get her tested for autism.

oscarsmom70
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Have you talked to her doctor about your concerns?  They may be able to have her tested for you.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I would stop googling. Maybe she is just sensitive to loud noises and you are worrying over nothing. My daughter is one and runs to me when she hears loud scary noises too, but I don't think she has autism.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Stop Googling!! Lol
She's probably fine!

goddiddlyumshis
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM
My sister is very sensitive to loud noises and isn't autistic.
My 5yr old is sensitive to loud noises, and is autistic. But he has many many other "symptoms" to go along with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I agree, stop googling...your just scaring yourself. I'm sure she's fine. 

peanuteb
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM

She sounds fine to me.  I have sensitivity to loud noises but its because I have really strong hearing.  I can hear a siren way before anyone else.  I am not autistic

thatonemomof2
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Ughh don't Google anything. .. Google can turn the common cold into death. Just make an appointment with her dr if your worried.
vand6584
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM

The major sign of autism is socialization and speech issues.  If she is talking and playing with other kids then she is FINE!  Autistic children tend to play alone, and often are in their own world.  My nephew is severe autistic and my cousin is very mild.  It was very obvious at a young age with both of them.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Not at all sure but bump.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)