Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Soooo sick of hearing s*** about my child with my pitbull..

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 80 Replies

Mobile Photo

That rite there would be my "oh so ferocious" doggy bee... And yes I know pitbulls get a bad rep but that whole thing has gotten so old... She's amazing with my son, I'll never just leave em alone, or let him stick his head in her mouth, ya know that whole deal... But today at petco I have joey in one arm and walking bee down the isle to grab her a bone, this woman with a fucking yapping snarling chiuaha ( spelling? ) gets all in my way and is like OH ID NEVER HAVE A BABY WITH THAT KINDA DOG!!!!! Even my Friggen dog was looking at her like "pshyco go away" and my sons like DOGGY!!! An points to bee... I'm like "I'm sorry did I ask for an opinion? She's a great dog" and I walked away an she really mumbled "ah young mothers and their ignorance" what?!?! I'm 26 years old haha it's not that serious... Whatta cunt.
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JleeB
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I have witnessed a few people with pitbulls that treat them amazing, like kings or princesses, and the dogs still turned on them. And I do believe some dogs, including pitbulls, have a more aggressive nature than others. BUT it is really none of her business and isn't her place to make snide comments. I would have told her off. As long as you are careful with your dog and child's contact (as you should with your child and any animal) you should be fine. She's a cute puppy. :)
joeys-mama
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah any animal can turn, I know we made a choice when getting this dog.. My fiances had pitbulls his whole life and were aware of the breed and it's downfalls of having one at times. But yeah who is she to just get in my way like that haha I woulda cursed her out if I wasnt so baffled

Quoting JleeB:

I have witnessed a few people with pitbulls that treat them amazing, like kings or princesses, and the dogs still turned on them. And I do believe some dogs, including pitbulls, have a more aggressive nature than others. BUT it is really none of her business and isn't her place to make snide comments. I would have told her off. As long as you are careful with your dog and child's contact (as you should with your child and any animal) you should be fine. She's a cute puppy. :)

JleeB
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Right. I wouldn't cuss her out in front of my child but I would have have her an earful. Lol
victoria0607
by Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I would love to have one, but dh isnt so sure about them. I hate that they have a bad rap they are beautiful dogs and such sweethearts from the ones that i have been around.
coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Any animal could be vicious. It depends a lot on the owner I have learned....but still I would shy away from breeds that are known to cause issues such as, dobermans, dalmations,pitbulls, rotweilers (sp?)etc. Thats just me though, everyones different.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:22 PM
3 moms liked this

I'd never have chihuah with a child.

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My friend has a pit who has been around longer than her 2 1/2 year old...poor Phoebe is constantly a living pillow for Marlayna, LOL! It's adorable and I know Phoebe doesn't care...the pictures she posts are just too cute! That dog knows that baby is hers to protect and love on! She just lays there while Mar dresses her up in all kinds of stuff.

Most pitbulls are amazing, loving dogs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joeys-mama
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Hell no me either! I've legit seen more little dogs bite and I've even had 2 little jerkoff dogs bite me... Meanwhile my dog and our other pitbull will just lick you to death.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I'd never have chihuah with a child.

joeys-mama
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how our two pits are... If joey needs a pillow he will just go and lay on one of them, and wherever he goes they follow rite behind him.. When we braught joey home they would sleep next to his bassinet all night. Adorable

Quoting beadingmom17:

My friend has a pit who has been around longer than her 2 1/2 year old...poor Phoebe is constantly a living pillow for Marlayna, LOL! It's adorable and I know Phoebe doesn't care...the pictures she posts are just too cute! That dog knows that baby is hers to protect and love on! She just lays there while Mar dresses her up in all kinds of stuff.

Most pitbulls are amazing, loving dogs!

Motherof_one
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
My pit bull mix loves my daughter, never leaves her side and runs to her when she is crying. I love pits they are one of my favorite dogs and I grew around them. There is my 2 cents lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)