Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I feel like a horrible mom

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 17 Replies
so I was taking my kids ,4 and 1, for a nice walk tonight.

I put my ds in the stroller and my dd wanted to help push him. Well we were having fun, I would push the stroller a few feet ahead of me, no more than 2 or so. then my dd whould run after him and grab the stroller.

Well the stroller tipped and fell over. my son was fine. I picked him right up and out of the stroller. he laughed after he realized he was ok.

the best part is, a girl that can't stand me was outside. I work with her bf. I'm sure I will hear all the things she said tomorrow at work.

I feel bad. have any of u made a mistake with ur kids???
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by on Sep. 12, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Oh my. Glad he was okay. Everyone makes mistakes. That dies kinda suck it happened in front if someone you don't get along with though.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Oh no, I'm sure her version will be 10x worse then the truth. Glad he is okay!

KEL101212
by Angela on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Im glad he is ok! Dont worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes. When DD was 4 months old i was giving her a bath. She was super wiggly and she was slippery because she was wet. I was taking her out and she started wiggling an i almost dropped so out of instinct, i squeezed her a bit to hard. She didnt cry, but after an hour i noticed small bruises where my hands were. I sobbed for like 2 hours. Even small bruises are better than what could have happened, i felt like the worst mom ever!!
tabby21
by Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

awww im sorry.....you are not a bad mommy tho....it could happen to ANYBODY! dont listen to other people tell them to shut their mouth!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

jl89
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:57 AM

The other day I went to smooth my 17 mo DD's hair as she ran past...smoothed too hard and she went face first on to the carpet. She didn't cry or anything...just got up and laughed, but I still felt bad. 

MrsLadyDae
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Stuff happens! Give your self a break.

Who cares what the other girl has to say? People will always have something to say! There is nothing you can do about it! You can't change her; you can only change your self (your reation to it).  Life has many more things for you to worry about then what she has to say.

You are not a bad mom because of this incident. Stuff happens!

esox
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:19 AM
My older sister fell off her bike when we were little kids and she was crying because her arm hurt. My mother decided to take us for a walk to distract her. So she took my sister by the arm and started swinging her around saying everything was fine. Turns out she had a broken arm :/ Im pretty sure my mother did not feel that she had earned the mother of the year award for that smooth move.
rachelannie00
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I remember one time my son came running up to me saying I have stuff on my face. I was doing some homework for my classes so I didn't even look up before telling him he was fine and I would wash his face in a minute. He started spitting and coughing so I finally looked up to see blood gushing from his nose and getting in his mouth. Worst feeling ever. But its important to remember we are human, we make mistakes but our kids still love us.

3LittleNutBells
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Oh hunny....we are moms....we make mistakes. My son once rolled off the couch when he was a baby and scraped his nose really bad!

And there was the time my daughter was jumping on the couch, fell and hit her face on the arm and got a black eye. 

We all have moments that make us feel like the world worst mama....but we aren't!

Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everythingthat hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. ~Hebrews 12:1

cowgirlup27
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Its alright momma :-) We all do it. There are always going to be people who will try and make you feel like your a bad mom. After my second son was born, he was only 2 weeks old I had to go to walmart and get a few items. My two year old was in the basket and accidently fell out and broke his arm while I was picking out a cute outfit for my newborn. The looks I got from other people in the store could have killed me if they could! I felt awful. Praise the Lord it wasnt a bad break, he healed nicely. But good for you for taking time to take your kids ona walk! Alot of parents just throw their kids in front of a tv, you dont need to worry about a thing. :-) Your a good momma for caring :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)