Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this bother you?

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 24 Replies
Hello ladies. I'm 22, a senior in college, engaged and have an 18 month old son. 9 times out of 10 when a stranger stops to say hi to my son they always ask me when I am having more children. Why is that and does it bother you when someone asks you the same thing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No one really asks me that... once in awhile they do, but I just say not for a few years. It doesn't bother me when they do ask.

coupon_ash_back
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Most people don't have or want one child so that is why. Some do have one kid which is just fine too.

When I had one, it didn't bother me I just thought it was weird because, I feel pregnancy and making more is personal territory.

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:43 PM

It's not a question that I get very much but it doesnt bother me if someone asks.  I guess people ask because they are curious.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM
They stopped asking me when my dd turned 6 when I was having more kids. I guess they realized one was enough if and until I am ready for another. Thank goodness, because it was SO annoying!
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No one asked me because I was already pregnant by the time my 1st was 8months lol

spidermonkey090
by Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM

maybe they are just trying to make conversation. it does bother me. we can't afford anymore plus i'm ready to start getting my body back 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 15, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I do get asked. It doesn't bother me.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 15, 2013 at 6:23 PM
People did sometimes. It doesn't bother me, I simply was honest and said "eventually, but I want to actually enjoy the baby years before having another child so quickly."
alysG
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Theres no reason why it should bother you...it's just a question...

britbeth
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:59 PM
I just feel its a personal kind of question to ask a stranger. I know I wouldn't ask someone if they were going to have more kids. I have had one woman even tell me that I should so my son would have someone to play with.

Quoting alysG:

Theres no reason why it should bother you...it's just a question...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)