Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Should I take my three and a half year old to see a movie in theatres?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  • 23 Replies
I have a three and a half year old little boy that is very energetic and very out going however do you think it would be a good idea to take him to see a cartoon movie in theatre?
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM
If he is kind and courteous I see absolutely NO reason you shouldn't take him out. Just be sure to bring some sort of distraction if he is energetic, just in case he gets bored. :)
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM
You can always try.

I honestly expect to hear loud, energetic, kids at kids movie at the theater. I've been taking my son since he was 2, and most of the time he was well behaved.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I must add that my dd was used to being out I public since I took her everywhere when she was growing up. I think it is important to teach them public manners at an early age.
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Also, matinee tickets are usually cheaper. So if you go then if you have to leave at least you aren't out a whole lot of money.
EntrepeneurMom
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Ds3 was perfectly behaved at the cinema, but all kids are different :) to be honest, unless he's having a complete meltdown, I'd expect there to be toddler's acting up a bit during a kids film. It wouldn't bother me unless it was prolonged, very bad behavior. Or kicking my seat. You kick my seat, all bets are off.
Shy_Dia
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Took my 4 year old niece to see turbo a few days ago. First time at the theaters. I think it depends on if the kids can watch a movie at home and be quiet. I get a 9 year old a lot.... He's crazy lol gotta love him tho. But when I took him to the movies, he just talked the entire time, wanted to move around. That's just who he is. He can't handle being still. Luckily I took him to the one that serves you food so that kinda took over until the movie could finally grab his attention. I'd take my 7 year old son, his 6 year old sister and their 4 year old niece before I took the 9 year old back, one on one lol
Hevans84
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM

There is no harm in at least trying! If he ends up being distracted or fussy you can always leave! But you have to try sometime! 

kearaloves1
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

if their mature

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I think it depends on his attention span?

yayay15
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I started taking all my kids younger than that. They have always done well in theaters. We just get popcorn and its all good :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)