Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

So, a child molester moved I to dd's father's neighborhood the other day...

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:34 AM
  • 12 Replies
A convicted felon. I'm scared now. I know dd's father is very protective, but still... It makes me nervous... Am I just overreacting? He is paranoid, too.
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
Friends are not what they say there are. After 15 years you would think it would be okay. Well I was proofing wrong again!
Yesterday at 7:46 AM
by Mandy on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:31 AM

No you aren't over reacting. But if he is able too see if he is up to moving. And trying to find out what is the age group this child molester goes for.

yodergirl
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I'd be paranoid as well. I doubt I would live there anymore.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Quoting mama2b100808:

No you aren't over reacting. But if he is able too see if he is up to moving. And trying to find out what is the age group this child molester goes for.

See, that's what worries me. He is not for moving and the girls this guy goes for are around 6-9 years, at least that's what he was convicted, and found guilty of, the same age group as dd.
mama2b100808
Friends are not what they say there are. After 15 years you would think it would be okay. Well I was proofing wrong again!
by Mandy on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Oh crap. So what are you going to do? Has this man went around telling everyone he is a child molester?

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting mama2b100808:

See, that's what worries me. He is not for moving and the girls this guy goes for are around 6-9 years, at least that's what he was convicted, and found guilty of, the same age group as dd.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Apparently, since he was in the local news, he didn't have to do that.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Oh crap. So what are you going to do? Has this man went around telling everyone he is a child molester?

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting mama2b100808:

luvmybug
by Amanda on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM
I don't know what I'm going to do? i mean, I can't legally force him to move.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Idk here even if they were in the Local news they still had to go door to door and tell them.

Quoting luvmybug:

Apparently, since he was in the local news, he didn't have to do that.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Quoting luvmybug:

Quoting mama2b100808:

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Eek! I would be nervous too.

nachomom85
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM
3 moms liked this

This is the part where you educate your child on the ugliness of the world.  I hate to say it but you need to show her a picture of the man and let her know that he is not a "neighbor" by any means.  He is a man that went to jail for hurting children.  I hate that it's a reality for our kids but in all honesty there were just a many corrupted pervs before the government started requiring them to register.  It's a tough one because you want your child to have their innocence and not have to discuss such things with them, but now that it is an identified threat, you gotta address it. 

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I don't blame you. I would be equally paranoid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)