Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What do you feed you 1 year old

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 18 Replies
Now that my son is one. I feel like its hard to come up with meals for him to eat. When he ate baby food, those meals was already prepared. Now I have to come up with breakfast lunch and dinner. Do anyone have any suggestions of quick meals and snacks for a one year old.
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Cereal, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, pasta, sandwiches, veggies, cheese, crackers
AutymsMommy
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

With the exception of very chewy things and spicy things, my 14 month old son primarily eats what we eat (and has since about 12 months old).

Dinners - he loves chickens, rices, pastas, potatoes, other meats, etc.

Lunches - sandwiches, cheese slices or shredded cheeses, biscuits, applesauce, etc.

Snacks - graham crackers, Nutella, arrowroot cookies, veggie crips

The only "baby" food that he still eats/enjoys, are the squeezable organic baby mixes (like spinach and apple, mango and millet, etc).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM

He eats what we eat.  I eat a lot of chicken and spinach, apples, potatoes, veggies.  

Teeter-Totter
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
We just fed ours what we ate from the start, albeit mashed or ground until they could chew.

Keeps things easy, and them from being picky later on :)

Mamaof2010
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM
He eats what we eat
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
She eats what we eat.
Breakfasts
Eggs, toast
Oatmeal
Cereal and banana
Pancakes
Frenchtoast
Lunch
Noodles
Sandwich
Fruit
Soup
Grilled cheese

Dinner
Veggie
Carb
Meat

Tonight we are having BBQ pork tenderloin, Mac and cheese and a veggie. I'll cut her meat in tiny bites and she will eat what we have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momma.to.1
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My son just eats whatever I make for my husband and I. He really enjoys fruits and veggies though, so I make sure to have extra on hand for snacks.
Osalter
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM
I do the same thing. What about those days you don't cook dinner. What do you substitute in those days

Quoting OBImomma:

She eats what we eat.

Breakfasts

Eggs, toast

Oatmeal

Cereal and banana

Pancakes

Frenchtoast

Lunch

Noodles

Sandwich

Fruit

Soup

Grilled cheese

Dinner

Veggie

Carb

Meat

Tonight we are having BBQ pork tenderloin, Mac and cheese and a veggie. I'll cut her meat in tiny bites and she will eat what we have.

OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I alway cook (or very rarely order out) dinner. I have 3 kids and a husband to feed.

She also nurses

Quoting Osalter:

I do the same thing. What about those days you don't cook dinner. What do you substitute in those days

Quoting OBImomma:

She eats what we eat.

Breakfasts

Eggs, toast

Oatmeal

Cereal and banana

Pancakes

Frenchtoast

Lunch

Noodles

Sandwich

Fruit

Soup

Grilled cheese

Dinner

Veggie

Carb

Meat

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Whatever the rest of us eats
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)