Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When did you move to solids or pureed food?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hello Moms,

My little boy is still very small but I wanted to know when did you move into solid or pureed foods for your baby?

Also did you make your own food or by the baby food from the store already made?

Thanks

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:54 PM

How small or young is he?   DD had tastes of it around 4 months old.  Her doctor was ok with it at the time.  She was primarily nursed so after nursing she would get to practice with a spoon.  We did a mix of homemade baby foods and store products. She became more of a table eater close to 8-9 months.  A baby needs formula or breastmilk only until a year old then you can continue with it and add food or wean the child from the liquids and use only table foods.

FoxTales
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM
this was about us.

Quoting frndlyfn:

How small or young is he?   DD had tastes of it around 4 months old.  Her doctor was ok with it at the time.  She was primarily nursed so after nursing she would get to practice with a spoon.  We did a mix of homemade baby foods and store products. She became more of a table eater close to 8-9 months.  A baby needs formula or breastmilk only until a year old then you can continue with it and add food or wean the child from the liquids and use only table foods.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Simple-Beauty
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM
We skipped puréed foods and went straight to solids. I'd steam veggies and fruits and cut them into little cubes that my son could feed himself, around 7-8 months. I made everything he ate.
jezike
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM

He is almost 1 month but I just wanted to get an idea of what other moms did when the time came.

Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:47 PM

you have a long way off then.  It will seem like a short time once he becomes of age.

Quoting jezike:

He is almost 1 month but I just wanted to get an idea of what other moms did when the time came.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN