Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Are you gross if you don't shower first thing in the morning?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 40 Replies

With a little one in tow, most days I count myself lucky to get a shower at all, but to get one first thing in the morning is a very rare treat. I mentioned something on the phone to a friend of mine that I needed to shower and said I was gross for waiting until after noon to take one.

Do you shower first thing in the morning? Is it gross to wait until later in the day?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Nope, I usually don't, unless I didn't get one the night before, then yes. I'm on restricted bed rest, so I don't do enough to get gross. Unless you stink, whatever works for you :)

AbbeysMom2013
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a four month old that is my best friend. Depending on how our day is going I don't always get a shower right away. Usually she sleeps best for her morning nap and that is when I try to shower, I'm usually home most days so its not that big of a deal. But I do have to brush my teeth first thing or I feel gross.
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I shower at night but that is because my hair takes forever to blow dry and I am a night owl and its hard for me to get up. I also feel better if I sleep clean
DragonFly0219
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Im a mom of a 8, 7 (with bipolar, adhd, odd) & 6yr old so during the summer its not possible to get a shower until late at night when they are asleep. During the school yr i love my morning showers. either way is not a big deal. night showers are great bc its relaxing and u feel clean to go to sleep but if you sweat at bedtime then morning showers are best.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
This exactly! I move very slow in the morning. Lol. I always shower at night and wash up in the morning. And I just CAN'T go to bed without washing the "day" off. Clean body + clean sheets = happy woman.

Quoting ShireeCS:

I shower at night but that is because my hair takes forever to blow dry and I am a night owl and its hard for me to get up. I also feel better if I sleep clean
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I don't think it's gross. I do shower every morning though because it's part of my routine now. I like to get up before them so I have time to get myself ready then I can get them ready for school.
erinf28
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I take one around 10am every day. My daughter and I eat breakfast, I drink my coffee, and watch a little tv to wake up a bit. It's whatever fits someone schedule. I don't do it at night because I hate doing my hair and then sleep on it just to fix it in the morning again.

Just do you.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I shower every other day( unless I get dirty or sweaty). No, I don't get gross at all. Showering everyday would seriously dry out my skin.
floridamom34601
by Courtney on Sep. 17, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I don't think it's gross, I shower every morning though but sometimes I wait a little while into the day too. But I do shower at least once a day, I feel gross if I don't.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2013 at 1:00 PM

What time of the day you shower does not signify whether you are gross or not. It depends on when you last showered. I know a lot of people that take their showers at night, every night. So according to your friend, that person is gross simply because they shower at night instead of in the morning, which makes no sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)