Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

TTC is bringing up questions

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
We are TTC our 2nd child at the moment. I was talking to my husband and my mom about the things I would like to do differently with the next baby then we did with our first. Here's the list:

1. Don't buy stupid crap....I think I bought the entire Babiesrus store. I never used the wipe warmer that I spent $30 on or the sleep positioner (that was recalled 6 months later) I spent $40 on.
2. Don't Google!
3. Have a birth plan, I had one with Evan but I trusted my doctor and somethings didn't go how I wanted.
4. Breastfeeding, I wanted to breastfeed Evan but in the hospital my nurse wouldn't let me because I had a c-section. I didn't get to even try till Evan was 4 days old.
5. We recently started to eat cleanly, so this time I want to make baby food instead of buying the jarred stuff.

My husband asked me if I felt like a bad parent for making those mistakes with Evan but honestly I don't. I was a first time mom and very overwhelmed, I did the best I could. Evan is a bright and healthly almost 3 year old. Is there anything you did different with baby #2 than the baby #1?
by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM
I was definitely more relaxed with my second baby. And the diaper bag got smaller. Haha
Freckles4u
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1. Only buy a few things instead of every thing a mom could dream of lol.

2. Don't co sleep and get them out of my room within the first 3 months

3.don't worry about a birth plan. Just communicate with my doctor ahead of time. Had one the first time and didn't even use it because it all went so fast.

4. Rent a hospital pump instead of buying a pump for 3-6 months. Pump and stock up. Breast feed but mostly do the bottle. And I will only breastfeed for 6 months to a year instead of 2 years.

5. Do better with a schedule.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Just about everything lol.

Evansmommy1130
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I think with baby #2 I would be so much more relaxed. As a first time mom I was so afraid I would do something wrong.

Quoting PeaceMuch:

I was definitely more relaxed with my second baby. And the diaper bag got smaller. Haha

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I was too. I was so on edge. Haha I didn't question myself as much with the second either.

Quoting Evansmommy1130:

I think with baby #2 I would be so much more relaxed. As a first time mom I was so afraid I would do something wrong.

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I was definitely way more relaxed with the second one. I also gave up on planning anything because nothing ever goes the way you plan anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)