Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Post C-Section questions...

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

I had a C-section after a 50hour long failed induction. It wasn't wht I would have liked but it had to happen. I was just wondering if anyone else had glue stitches and if so how long until your scar took to heal? Also, what is all the tuff I read about not being able to spot reduce with post c section exercise? Is this because I've had my abdominal muscles cut? Will those muscles never be able to tone back up again? 

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shannzuno
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
They will tone back up. You just have to retrain your muscles. It takes a little more effort at first, but it is possible. :) Just look up excersice routines for after csection. After my 1st i went to work out normally and started losing weight/ toning up, but still had the csection pouch. Got pregnant with number 2 and did research :)
shannzuno
by Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:06 AM
http://kbellqueen.blogspot.com/2008/01/what-doctors-dont-tell-you-after-c.html?m=1
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Never had a c-section but bumping.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM

It took a week or two before my c-section incisions healed (I had 2 c-sec). As for tightening things up again, it takes a LOT more effort, but you can do it, especially if you had a fairly tight tummy beforehand.

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM
I agree.

Just make sure to get the OK from your Dr before working out, to make sure you are all healed. :)

Quoting Cafe Steph:

It took a week or two before my c-section incisions healed (I had 2 c-sec). As for tightening things up again, it takes a LOT more effort, but you can do it, especially if you had a fairly tight tummy beforehand.

lovelychaos13
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:44 PM

this.

they used double stitching on the inside but the final outside skin layer they used the glue, strangly i barely got a scar at all from the c-section, only about 2 inches of the insicion  left a scar.

i have scoliosis and with the curves in my spine plus having had a c-section i cant do  much of any ab workouts. but give me one of those huge workout balls and those things support my back  awesome so i can use that to do crunches and sit up and ab moves, other wise with out it, somthing seems to pinch in my spine and  randomly i cant feel or move my lower half and end up messing in my pants, can last a few minutes to an hr. but yeah ya can see why id rather use a big ball that get on the floor or other stuff trying to do ab workouts.

Quoting shannzuno:

They will tone back up. You just have to retrain your muscles. It takes a little more effort at first, but it is possible. :) Just look up excersice routines for after csection. After my 1st i went to work out normally and started losing weight/ toning up, but still had the csection pouch. Got pregnant with number 2 and did research :)

NextGeneration
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I had a C- section stiches on the inside and like six staples on the outside

tamzinsmommy
by Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound like me. I had a c - section after a 54 hour failed induction (I finally dilated to 8 and then my daughter turned at some point. She was face up) and it took a few weeks for the incision to heal. But I had staples not stitches but I feel your pain! You'll be able to tone your muscles again, just might take longer than you want it to.
Cbreland07
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this
The muscles will never be the same, but they will be able to tone back up. I don't know about glue stitches.
I will tell you that you need to be very careful and do not over work yourself. It creates scar tissue that is painful and causes issues. My uterus is completely covered in scar tissue and if I were to have another section they would have to take my uterus out because it wouldn't be able to heal
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My muscles toned back up. Maybe I don't have the best stomach in the world but I'm happy with what I see in the mirror. I did piltates and ab work outs to get back in shape. It took me a few weeks to heal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)