Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How long did you wait before TTC #2?

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
  • 40 Replies

My daughter is 12 months old and I am already feeling ready for another. It took 5 years to conceive because of fertility issues (PCOS & endometriosis) and I'm worried that if I wait much longer I could lose my chance. My cycles were never regular, sometimes as little as 2 per year, making it almost impossible to know when ovulation is happening. How long did you wait before TTC #2 and what made you feel ready?

by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Mine boys are 15 months apart. So we didn't wait long. I say go for it!

kissmiss213
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

we started trying again like 1 month before dd turned 2, found out we were preggo 1 month after her bday.

jdk91
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

im so glad i found your post! i have a 14month old and also have PCOS and have to take clomid to even get pregnant. my PCOS is getting worse and we are thinking of having another just so we dont lose our chance. My mom just looks at me crazy when i try to talk to her about it. do you have any worries? apart of me really wants another but then again im afraid that i wont get to experience everything i want to will my daughter because by the time i would deliver she would be 2 and it would be summer so it would be the first yr she would be able to enjoy thing and actually do stuff.. but at the same time if i got pregnant now i would have a 1 month old. so its kind of up in the air.. but then im afraid if i dont act now i may never get another chance due to my PCOS.

cupcake_mom
by KT on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids are 4 years and 15 days apart. only because i was NOT having another child with my abusive ex. and my youngest is almost 3 now and me and df would like to try some time next year for another one. i like that they are 4 year apart. there wasnt that "imma be mean to the baby because im jealous" thing. my oldest dd was VERY involved with my pregnancy, went to EVERY appointment, helped name her, was the 1st one in the room after her sis was born and the nurses even let her give her sis her 1st bath! i loved it and they are so close now even though they are only almost 3 and almost 7 lol

GreenDotsOrange
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We started trying when my son was about a year and a half. It took us 2 years to conceive so it is probably good we started early.

JennyM8407
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Thanks ladies for your input. We wanted to wait until she turned 2 to start trying but at the same time I wanted to wait longer so she would be old enough to help me with a younger sibling. It feels like such a hard decision to make. I'm worried that if we go ahead and try now, that I'll be overwhelmed with two kids in diapers, especially now that my one year old has entered the stage of throwing insane tantrums. 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM
We started trying when he was one. It took us until a month after he turned 2 to conceive our middle son.
BoxxyBabee
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:46 PM
My kids are 12mo apart. Its great..... not.
andrea_book
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM
My girls are 14 months apart :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM
We started trying for number 2 when our first was 1. Didn't work till first was 4.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)